Little things that really annoy you!

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Little things that really annoy you!

Millymollymandy wrote:French style rock hard biscuit base pizza which is not to my liking neither are their hideous toppings! (lard*, cabbage, half cooked egg, andouille (innards) sausage, Swiss cheese instead of mozarella.....) :lol:

*Lard is big fatty bacon chunks by the way, often served with those nice bits of gristly bone in them.
Am I the only one who likes the sound of that? :oops: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

greenorelse
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

fran wrote:People who drive with fog lights on when it's not foggy, they might as well put full beam on. :angryfire:
Apart from it being against the law (last time I looked anyway, I think it dates back to the sixties) and it being really just irrationally annoying, it can be damned annoying in wet weather, having four lights and their reflections coming at you.

I would love a job where I stand at a random spot by a road with a good, high-speed camera and where I get paid a fiver for all the pictures of vehicles where either (a) the driver's on the phone, (b) there's too many lights/bulbs blown, (c) seatbelts are not being worn or (d) whatever other arrogance drivers display is obvious (shaving/putting on makeup etc).

I'd have my mortgage paid in less than a week.
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

greenorelse
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

Mega irritation - no, more, much more than simple mega irritation - people who chew with their mouths open. It's the noise as much as the sight!
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

Millymollymandy

Green Aura wrote:
Millymollymandy wrote:French style rock hard biscuit base pizza which is not to my liking neither are their hideous toppings! (lard*, cabbage, half cooked egg, andouille (innards) sausage, Swiss cheese instead of mozarella.....) :lol:

*Lard is big fatty bacon chunks by the way, often served with those nice bits of gristly bone in them.
Am I the only one who likes the sound of that? :oops: :lol:
What, all those toppings? :shock:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Big Al

Those gord orfl peeps that'll call you m8, mis of letters, or be 2 lze to write anything other than bleeding text speak.

I do not have a large vocabulary, nor do I profess to having a good spelling abillity but I do try not to use text speak unless I am actually sending a text and even then with unlimited text packages many people do not even have to shorten their text messages.

Please, please, please people, By all means use text speak when you are texting on your mobile phone thingy but type proper english like I used to did when on the forums......

Ta muchy,

BA
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Millymollymandy

I second that :cheers: , it drives me crazy. :banghead:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

seasidegirl
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi, I've been away for several months (after only being here for a couple of months) cos I've been poorly but am on the mend now.

Anyway couldn't resist this thread so ta :icon_smile:

The weather forecasts, mainly on the BBC drive me crazy. Why won't they let us look at the whole map of the country all of the time. They show me where I live for about one second and then whizz the camera off for a close up on somewhere I've no interest in and linger there for ages. A slow journey around follows which bores me into a trance so when they get back to me I'm in la la land of, a foggy place with meaningless blue shapes. I get to the end of the forecast absolutely none the wiser about the weather where I live. Bring back the simple little cloud and rain/snow drop pictures. I miss those simple pictures that were clear!

Weather forecasts are all style and no substance serving only to massage the egos of people who want to improve everything with technological improvements but actually make them worse.

Sorry to bang on but I'm really mad about this. Also all the background noise on the news channel when they indicate its the headlines by banging a loud drum which hinders you hearing what they say.

The Riff-Raff Element

Millymollymandy wrote:I second that :cheers: , it drives me crazy. :banghead:
I punctuate text messages. I can't help myself. Does slow things down a bit.

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

Jon - I do the same myself :oops:

and another....

Sky Magazine. If you subscribe to Sky you get a magazine through the post every month. I never read it and it just goes to the recycling which is really annoying. So I had a look through it to see how I could cancel it. On page 10 it says - I quote '£2.20 of your package price is paid by you to BSkyB Publications for this magazine'

So, I phoned up and said I wanted to cancel the subscription to the magazine and they said fine - no problem. When I asked if that would reduce my monthly bill by £2.20 they said no because the magazine was free! :shock: When I pointed out that it says in their magazine that I am paying £2.20 for it, they said that the magazine is included in the monthly subscription amount and they can't take it off. Computer says no!!

Well, excuse the f*ck out of me, but if they are telling me that I am paying for their advertising sent to me and then when I decide I no longer want it they think it's ok to charge me for it anyway! :angryfire:

I am awaiting a reply from a senior manager. Could be fun! :wink:
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

Archanejil
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

ohooo -- Sky baiting. Awesome!

boboff

I think it is to do with the VAT. They pay Vat on the TV but but not on the magazine.
Not sure its that sensible as the saving pretty much negates the postage, so the adverts in the Mag must be the clincher.
Daft though.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

battybird

Joined this a bit late but I had a minor annoyance the other day!
I closed a savings account with San*****r Bank. They sent a refund of 0.01p by cheque by post in a cheque which had been individually signed and attached by staple to a letter explaining that they could not credit another bank's current account with the refund! HOW much did that all cost??? :dontknow: :dontknow: The really annoying thing was they forgot to close the main savings account which actually had a decent amount of money in it which I needed! So they had to send another cheque and letter which took a further two weeks due to Christmas post etc. :roll:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

stevetc

KWIK, E-Z-E, 'Cool' abbreviations of that ilk. Oh, and people who use exclamation marks too much. I'm not saying that I always use language correctly . . . Just that there's a line, and kwik-fit have crossed it . . .

oldjerry

That nauseating sod who does the moronic ' Go Compare' thing. A couple of meerkats down his trousers would wipe that bloody grin off his face.

battybird

oldjerry wrote:That nauseating sod who does the moronic ' Go Compare' thing. A couple of meerkats down his trousers would wipe that bloody grin off his face.
:lol: :lol: :lol: How could I forget him?? Not a "little thing" though!
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon