Little things that really annoy you!

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Little things that really annoy you!

Military jets flying low overhead very very loudly and sonic booms

Can't think of anything else right now but.....

What's a takeaway leaflet? :lol:

Edit: SPAMMERS who are now tagging onto the end of new members' threads advertising online m0vies. :banghead:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

123sologne
Living the good life
Living the good life

Most of the above and:
Charity companies dropping plastic bags in our letter box every 2 weeks to get our old clothe. I live less than 5 minutes walk from a charity shop, so I don't need them and I want to choose my own charity anyway! And most of their bags probably end up in the bin at most people (we re-use ours)! So more plastic pollution!!!! Grrrrrr :angryfire:
That is all for now, but I am sure there are plenty more...
Like company calling to sell things or knocking at the door to sell more things, especially when they start by I am not here to sell you something... or We can give you a free quote.... Have you ever paid anything for a quote!??? :shock: :banghead:

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

Able bodied people who park in disabled or mother & toddler parking spaces. :angryfire:
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

My husband!

1)We've run out of coal after several weeks of OH insisting we don't need any - most weeks I've ignored him and ordered a bag, last week I forgot, so now I have to go to the Spar to get an interim bag til yer man comes on Thursday.(We've obviously been using more than one bag a week and used up our reserve) :angryfire:

2)The boiler functions best if kept full and because OH has this huge mean streak when burning anything (he seems to think the electric fires we have for back-up are cheaper to run :shock: - actually I don't know what or even if he thinks at all unless it's in binary :roll:) so now I've had to buy some, no doubt noxious, chimney cleaning stuff - running the boiler sub par leads to build up in the chimney, if it's run efficiently it all burns off at the time. :angryfire: :angryfire:

3) I've had to clean out the back of the boiler because OH doesn't believe it needs doing (so why does it have a removable plate for cleaning purposes?) after he couldn't understand why we got a kitchen full of smoke - and I mean full! He wanted to pour a bucket of water on the fire to put it out! So we would have had smoke, steam and hot black water in the kitchen:angryfire: :angryfire: :banghead:

Is stupidity grounds for divorce?
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Archanejil
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

My personal bugbears for today:

Rented accomodation that turns out not to have a damp course, so that when the pointing goes on the bricks outside, you move your stuff in the corner of the spare room and find that water is actually forming on droplets on the inside walls of your house. And in the built-in wardrobe. And that anything leather in that room has had it (I'm a leatherworker -- fortunately, I had decided to put my full hides somewhere else, but they nearly got put there).

People who, on their way to/from work decide (whether walking, driving or cycling) that they are *obviously* more important and in more of a hurry than anyone else and decide that risky/pushy behaviour that puts everyone else out/endangers folk is obviously the best course of action. I have a special four letter word for them that may well rhyme with blunt as I hate, hate, hate that one.

Animal rights protesters who (in specific) protest through non-peaceful means against the control of invasive or overpopulous species when they are doing huge ecological damage to an area (or even threatening the continued existence of a protected/threatened/endangered native species). Usually it's protest against the control of a charismatic mammal. It quite annoys me for a few reasons -- like I said, there are times when our own species have nearly been wiped out by non-control of invasives and there is -generally- not enough ecological knowledge on behalf of the protesters. Not always, and of course, peaceful protests are reasonable, but I'm thinking of two specific cases where protests weren't peaceful and property damage occurred -- and sabotage of one of these controls nearly wiped out a population of puffins.

I like puffins and they were supposed to be there.

Trains.

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.5
longitude: -1.9

[quote="123sologne"]Most of the above and:
Charity companies dropping plastic bags in our letter box every 2 weeks to get our old clothe. I live less than 5 minutes walk from a charity shop, so I don't need them and I want to choose my own charity anyway! And most of their bags probably end up in the bin at most people (we re-use ours)! So more plastic pollution!!!! Grrrrrr :angryfire:

Aarrgghhh!! That drives me crazy! Also those catalogue companies who deliver homeware catalogues which I am supposed to remember to leave out for them to collect on the right day. Needless to say I always forget so they pile up in the hallway along with all the charity clothes bags.

Susie

Aaaaaaand after today, paint brushes whose hairs come out. Mutter mutter mutter.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Susiwaa
Tom Good
Tom Good

Charity bags and takeaway leaflets here too. The really annoying thing about the charity bags is they come in almost daily and although for different charities they are all delivered/picked up by the same "white van man"!! We have several charity shops and multiple clothing banks so why they keep it up I have no idea!

This week's bug bear is selfish arrogant people and the "look at me I'm wonderful" brigade. Those who (mostly at work) forget about the hard work others do to enable them to be wonderful but instantly remember when something goes wrong as it's never their doing!!

And, one that was annoying until my friendly local plumber fixed it, my bathroom sink blocking constantly.

Susi

JulieSherris

Susiwaa wrote:Charity bags and takeaway leaflets here too. The really annoying thing about the charity bags is they come in almost daily and although for different charities they are all delivered/picked up by the same "white van man"!! We have several charity shops and multiple clothing banks so why they keep it up I have no idea!

Susi
Because it's big business!! There's a lot of 'companies' out there that collect your old clothes supposedly for charity - except they aren't for charity - with a lot of them, they get shipped out to the different countries & then get sold to the very people they are supposed to be helping at local markets.
Your local trading standards will have details on the active scammers, but they're always looking for information, so just be aware of what you leave out for who - or just a pop a bag into your local shop, that's the best bet!
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

123sologne
Living the good life
Living the good life

Susiwaa wrote: This week's bug bear is selfish arrogant people and the "look at me I'm wonderful" brigade. Those who (mostly at work) forget about the hard work others do to enable them to be wonderful but instantly remember when something goes wrong as it's never their doing!!
Susi
That sounds like somebody I know..... :roll: :(

Millymollymandy

So different from here - my moan having read the above is that our charity clothing bins which used to be near the bottle banks etc have all disappeared, and as there are no charity shops there's nothing you can do with old clothes other than use them as rags. :dontknow:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Milims

Right now my kids are really annoying me! It doesn't seem to matter how many time I tell them to pick he bath mat up, don't slam doors, don't thump down the stairs, hang the towel on the hook that says "TOWEL" etc etc etc and what's worse I'm annoyed with my self for becoming a nag!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Milims wrote:the hook that says "TOWEL"
- you have a hook that says towel!!!! Scary lady :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Minnesota
Living the good life
Living the good life

It sure was fun reading all your rants...I can't think of any that I have ?
I am just totally happy today, things are going my way. :)

Milims

Green Aura wrote:
Milims wrote:the hook that says "TOWEL"
- you have a hook that says towel!!!! Scary lady :lol: :lol: :lol:
You think that's bad I have a big sign up in my kichen that says things like:
If you open it - close it
If you drop it - pick it up
If it's yours - take it with you
If it's empty - bin it!
They ignore that too! :roll: :banghead: :banghead:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!