Volunteering ideas

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Gem
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Volunteering ideas

I volunteered with conservation groups in my area and at the local country park. They do prefer you to do a full days work but you can go along with the rest of the volunteers and leave when you need to if you take your own transport to the site you are working on. Incredibly rewarding, hands on, out-doorsy work helping to maintain the local environment.

I would recommend it to anyone, I did it after loosing my job and to get my fitness back after being unwell for a few months and it really got me back into the swing of things.

Look up the contact details for these sorts of places in your area and give them a call, in my experience they are always after happy helpers :wink:

Gem

edit - I forgot tto mention - you don't need any prior experience with this sort of thing and certainly don't need green fingers (particularly if you are doing rhoddy clearance) :lol:

mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Re: Volunteering ideas

i do wednesdays at the local school. it's voluntary but they give me a cooked lunch for free ;) i'm with year 6 frm 8:45 to 3pm and i love it. I'm not ready fr a "roer" job, nor do i need to be but i wanted to give something back to such an amazing school. I'm also on the PTA now.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!