Mouse/Mice

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
thesunflowergal
A selfsufficientish Regular

Mouse/Mice

Last night I saw a mouse in the garden, not really a problem. It does answer a few questions of mine, ie where are those pea seeds going and what are those funny little dug up bits in my pots.

Do I really need to get rid of him? At the moment its not too much of a problem, if it finds a friend and has babies I would be over run then that would be a issue. I could not bring myself to kill anything, and the cat packed his bags and left in January. Kai wants to get some poision it, but I disagree with that for so many reasons.

So the question is to rehome the mouse or leave him be??

Thanks Nikki
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Mouse/Mice

Hello :wave:

We've been in this house for two and a half years and there were mice in the garden/ garage when we came and before we realised, they had nested in a rucksack which had to be thrown away as chewed and covered in mouse pee.

We moved a lot of the nestable stuff out of the garage and put bird feed etc. in secure tubs. They have bred since then but we only ever see an odd one scuttling about in the evenings and don't really seem to cause us any problems at all. As we put food out for the birds, they probably just eat that rather than digging too many seeds up and we don't notice them any more now than when we moved in, so there doesn't seem to have been a population explosion.

I can't advise you what to do :dontknow: Hope you work it out xx

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

If you saw him in the garden then he could have come from anywhere. Sadly, keeping chickens will attract them. Make sure the chook food is in a mouse-proof container, preferably a metal bin and net your strawberries.

If it gets out of hand I'll bring Jade round but I suspect neighbouring cats will resolve the problem in a day or so.

Zoe

southeast-isher