Abel and Cole

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
thesunflowergal
A selfsufficientish Regular

Abel and Cole

Has anyone dealt with A&C? If so I would be interested as to how you find them?

Has anyone used there "Farmer's Choice" fundraising for schools?

My daughter school is a always looking to raise more money, and this was something that I was going to mention at the next PTA meeting. I thought it linked in with our school quite well as they serve organic school dinners, and grow a lot of their own veg.

Thanks Nikki
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

Julysea
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Abel and Cole

We've had boxes from A&C on and off for 10 years or so and always found them very good. Not used their scheme though, sorry.
Liz

Uller
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

We used Abel & Cole for a while a couple of years ago for home deliveries. Changed to Riverford because A&C repeatedly left our delivery on the doorstep or on top of the lockable box we bought to keep it secure, rather than actually in the box. And by repeatedly, I mean over and over again, over several weeks. Every week their customer service would apologise and say they would speak to the driver but it would just happen again.

Given that we were buying meat/fish, wine etc from them, our delivery was worth quite a bit and we didn't want it pinched! In the end, we gave up and changed to Riverford who we have never had a problem with.

No experience of programme for school though
Blogging about a new life in Portugal - http://www.aportugueseadventure.wordpress.com

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

I use A&C and love them. The driver who delivers here in Swindon is really good. He delivers into my garage and locks it after him.

I use them because they are really flexible. If I have a glut of say, potatoes or apples, I can chose not to have them delivered in my box that week.

Zoe

Susie

We use them, I like them. They've delivered through snow and various natural disasters and even when my credit card expired and I forget to update it for weeks (I was busy :( ) they still kept coming. But I wish they would stop putting carrots in my box, I swear I get them 48 weeks a year and I have run out of ideas, no rude comments please :icon_smile:
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Milims

I have the cook book and I love it -not that I've actually cooked anything from it - but it's a really good read. However, A&C had a competition in the Olive magazine offering a veg box every week for a year to the winner - but only if you lived down south. Not really a fair competition if you ask me!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

thesunflowergal

Thanks everyone. Managed to get hold of the guy from A&C, now I just need to put the idea to the PTA and the head.
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/