UK air space closed!

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UK air space closed!

The 'white sheet of paper test' was a fail :( It is just to darn windy out there...

Now I need to go and retrieve 2 sheets of A4 from the garden 2 doors along..... and explain why... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

paul123456
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello there,

and I know the reason why the air space is closed .
It is Englands fault ,it seems England asked some bonehead viking banker in Rejavik for some cash,
but the Icelandic little prick understood ash .
Iceland 2 -England 0.

regards ,

Paul

liskeardjane
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I have totally enjoyed this, there are more and more flights out of Newquay and I'm right under the flight path!!! flamin' noisy planes!

sarahkeast
Living the good life
Living the good life

I heard something about supermarkets not being able to fly in foods; bananas, green beans, mange touts, baby corn and goodness knows what else. Could be 'panic buying' or will people just suddenly realise the food miles involved in these 'luxuries' ?
Sarah :flower:

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

This has really amused me - all this thing about not being able to fly - boo hoo so what - we have to rely on ourselves for a bit - we have to be selfsufficient- ish and the big problem is.......????? I think it would do us (ok by us I mean the rest of the country who aren't as "ish" as we are! :mrgreen: ) good to take stock of what we have here and what we can do with it and not jet off to foreign places every five minutes just 'cos we can. There was a woman on the radio this evening bemoaning the fact that she wasn't able for fly off to Holland for the weekend with her husband - so she was going shopping with her husbands plastic instead! Hello - how about spending time with your husband instead of his plastic!Ok so not being able to fly places may make us more insular - but might it not also make us more appreciative of what we have here?
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

The Riff-Raff Element

I think bansnas come by boat, even these days, but a lot of flowers and easily-perishible stuff is airborne. I'm sure we'll survive without them - most people here do already.

I have a feeling that I read that a light dusting of volcanic dust can be a good thing - a bit like adding quarry dust to the soil - because it rebuilds the levels of trace elements like molybdenum that conventional fertilisers don't.

pelmetman

Don't know about today but bananas used to come by boat. I can always remember living in Weymouth when the bananas came in we often got tarantulas close to the docks. To this day I have a fear of spiders. :flower:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

fran
Living the good life
Living the good life

Oh today has been heaven! The sun has been shining and there has been absolutely no background noise from those great white machines in the sky. Let's hope they all stay grounded tomorrow. :cooldude:
Working towards living the dream on a barge.

my blog about the barge: http://www.fran-bonnieofclyde.blogspot.com

JulieSherris

My youngest daughter grew up being best friends with a girl who managed to get herself a job in Greece as a holiday rep.
She was due to leave tomorrow, so made plans to stay with Nikki tonight - they've not seen each other for the last 5 years..... now it looks like they'll be spending a few days running rings around Nikki's poor boyfriend :lol:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life
Location: North Canterbury, NZ, somewhere between reality and heaven

Ofcourse if we hadn't invented the bloody plane we wouldn't have a problem and we'd still use ships and britain would still have its empire and....... oh yeah much of the stuff spued from volcano's is vital to out planets survival, once again its us that has stuffed every thing up, as ususal.

And the world won't end, I'm just not that lucky , everyone else will go to heaven and I'll get reincarnated as a politician....
Our remote ancestors said to their mother Earth, "We are yours."
Modern humanity has said to Nature, "You are mine."
The Green Man has returned as the living face of the whole earth so that through his mouth we may say to the universe, "We are one."

Author Unknown

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

What a beautiful sky with no vapour trails :iconbiggrin:
and the smell
Annpan wrote:Though I am convinced that I could smell something in the air in Glasgow ............. but I might also be paranoid
is fresher air with no aircraft pee in it. :mrgreen:

Apparently last time it happened was 160 years ago - and the world didn't end then :cooldude: just there weren't any aircraft for the press to panic about.

Lots of salads and fruit going rotten in African transport bays unfortunately, but [luddite mode on] they should be eating it themselves not flying it to us[/mode off]
Also lots of stuff that we don't manufacture (as in most of it) will not be delivered to the UK.
Maybe I should start some salads in the greenhouselette and sell them to the neighbours ? :wink:

The one thing that does worry me is that the dust can effect grazing animals
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

fran
Living the good life
Living the good life

The blinking small planes are back and practising their flying tricks over our house. They sound like very loud wasps that you cannot splat! They ruin our peaceful summer days every year and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about it. :(
Working towards living the dream on a barge.

my blog about the barge: http://www.fran-bonnieofclyde.blogspot.com

jampot
Living the good life
Living the good life

it hasn't stopped the army lot either. them big old chanooks (sp?) still rumble over all day, scare the living daylights out of me when i try for a lie in :pale:
AAARRGHH its behind you!!!

citizentwiglet

I notice that, now that the airlines across Europe are shrieking about their profits (or lack of them), suddenly Eurocontrol seem to think that it might actually be OK to fly, after all. They've been sending planes up and, rather disappointingly, they've come back unscathed.
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

JulieSherris

citizentwiglet wrote:They've been sending planes up and, rather disappointingly, they've come back unscathed.
Until they send one up that comes back down again quicker than expected..... :shock:
Then & only then will they be sorry.
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink: