Permaculture

By popular demand - The book review section.
Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Permaculture

After some discussions on an earlier thread, I went through my books to see what I had on permaculture (I have most of the usual ones too!). My main problem was application on a backyard level so I am re-reading these two -

The Permaculture Home Garden - Linda Woodrow - Viking publishers - 1996 (Aus), and
Lawns into Lunch; Growing Food in the City - Jill Finnane - New Holland Publishers - 2005 (Aus)

Lawns into lunch covers the principles and how people have applied them - very good for motivation! The PHG gives a whole food production system along permaculture lines that can be implemented in your backyard. You would need a decent size back yard to do the whole lot, but I am following some of the ides in this one and it is good!

My problem (well one of them :oops: ) is my lack of planning, I tend to plant and harvest and eat, but not big on planning. Both books extoll the benefits of having a plan so I am taking a hint and preparing a plan for the next 12 months. That will keep me busy :mrgreen: !

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Tigerhair
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Sounds really cool, Nev. Definitely one on my "want it" list... :mrgreen:
Tigz x