worst five things on telly

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
southeast-isher
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: worst five things on telly

old tree man wrote:3. celeb jungle
Hehe dare i say it but i actually gave in and watched this and more to the point i ashamedly enjoyed it. I must say though there is a significant tinge of self-sufficiency involved with survival in this show, no?

Millymollymandy

Oooh I dunno about that, you wouldn't get me eating kangaroo arse or witchetty grubs! :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

southeast-isher

Millymollymandy wrote:Oooh I dunno about that, you wouldn't get me eating kangaroo arse or witchetty grubs! :lol:
god, i'm showing how sad i am now but gino was deservedly king even though they were all likeable/loveable... enjoyed watching him get given that hand pasta making machine to crank out some pasta.

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

did i hear somewhere that they are trying to sue Gino for killing and eating a rat :dontknow: :shock:
:flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

southeast-isher

old tree man wrote:did i hear somewhere that they are trying to sue Gino for killing and eating a rat :dontknow: :shock:
That's right, i'm not sure what the latest is on that. I don't think there was any malice there just some primeval survival thing kicking in.

Millymollymandy

Apparently it wasn't a wild rat just a semi tame one that the production crew placed there to frighten them. :roll: :iconbiggrin: Which probably explains how they managed to catch it cos it didn't run away! :lol: If anyone should have been blamed it should have been the producers of the show, but the whole thing is a joke cos if the animal welfare people were really concerned they ought to be up in arms about the grubs and insects that are harmed during the making of the show as well. :roll:

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

I think its just usual tv hype, give a journalist a pin prick and they will turn it in to the moons out of orbit :roll:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

brett53
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

apart from the dust that collects on it despite daily removal my five worst things about telly are :

that bloody " go compare " advert with the opera singer

no new futurama episodes

big brother of ANY variety

and that damned strategically placed tea cup on BBC breakfast ( go figure - its a man thing ) :angryfire:
the validity of ones ideas are best measured by the resistance they attract

and if enough people tell you are WRONG - do it ANYWAY !!

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ooh i do like some of the reality stuff, things like Wife Swap always amuse me.

Don't like Big Brother
Don't like most soaps (they give everyone unrealistic views of what 'normal' is)
Don't like 'makeover' shows
Don't like things like the X factor after the auditions (i watch the auditions to see the loonies).
Don't like loud adverts that proclaim that your life will be great if you buy a certain product, or shop in a certain shop.
Don't like the 'move houe/country' shows - the people are never on realistic budgets
Don't like the home makeover shows - see above.

Gulumpah
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

1. The One Show
2. Ice Road Truckers
3. Master Chef (this seems to be on permanently)
4. Loose Women
5. Shouting in Airports (can't remember its real title - but you know what I mean)

Susie

Gulumpah wrote: 4. Loose Women
I don't like this either. And I love the cat in your avatar, he looks very focused.

1/ Judge Judy because I know I shouldn't watch it and I do. It has a strange dominatrix-type vibe.
2/ Four Weddings. I watched it last night, shame on me, and I can't believe anyone would spend £32K on a wedding (and they were all squashed together in a little room!)
3/ That advert for oven cleaner where the voice over goes, 'so simple even a man can do it!' and then giggles inanely.
4/ Martine McCutcheon talking about 'tummy loving care'. Cringe cringe
5/ Gillian McKeith being rude to people, and making healthy eating look miserable and difficult involving lots of out-of-season superfoods and Quinoa porridge.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

pelmetman

Sue and me did away with the telly back in the early 80's as we seemed to be always working, and we used to get the letters :?
We now have the thing back with umpteen channels and rarely anything worth watching, mind you I do need my lunch time fix of Bargain Hunt :iconbiggrin:
Worst programs are soaps, although Sue likes Eastenders, I was born there so I know its a load of cobblers. Coronation Street I have a phobia about as my ex developed paranoid schizophrenia (doctors said it was depression :scratch: ) and stabbed me with a pencil the first time, second time missed with a pair of scissors, I did not hang around :shaking: just in case third time lucky,
but it always occurred during Corrie :shaking:
Other programs I cannot stand are BB, anything to do with Jordan, Hospital programs (having spent 24hrs in a corridor with a ruptured appendix). Sport especially when they're extended to mess up Gardeners World :angryfire:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

Gulumpah
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Susie wrote:
Gulumpah wrote: 4. Loose Women
I don't like this either. And I love the cat in your avatar, he looks very focused.
Yes, 'focused' is a very good description of the cat. When I first joined the forum someone else described her as 'splendidly grumpy' - which is even more accurate :lol:

Glad to find a fellow-loather of Loose Women

Millymollymandy

I quite like Ice road truckers but I do admit, just like that US logging series, that one episode is enough! Otherwise it is all the same! :iconbiggrin:

Loose Women I don't watch but Colleen Nolan really really irritates me, and who the hell dresses her? Doesn't she realise what she looks like? :lol:

bonniethomas06

1. Snog, Marry, Avoid
2. Snog, Marry, Avoid
3. Snog, Marry, Avoid
4. Snog, Marry, Avoid
5. Snog, Marry, Avoid

It sends me into a spiral of despair about the state of the next generation :shock:

I would love to throw our telly into a skip - I hate the way it sucks conversation out of the air and steals your time.

I only realy watch ishy programmes, Neighbours and newsy stuff now. Apart from when Lambing Live was on. I was hooked!
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com