Helping Mr GT to lose his tum!

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
growingthings
Living the good life
Living the good life

Helping Mr GT to lose his tum!

Just like the lovely Andy, Mr GT is suffering from an ever increasing 'Brewers Goiter!' and a bit of an extra chin but thats another story! lol

He has an active job as a multi drop delivery driver so he's always running up and down peoples gardens dragging a hose behind him, and we've all taken up swimming and cycling as a family in light of mine and Daisy's recent discovery of sharing a heart condition. :shock:

But I think that the crux of it is is his diet. He gets good square home cooked meals with his family once a day, a pack lunch of wholewheat pasta salad whilst he's out at work. But what I didn't realise is that he gets bacon sandwiches from the snap wagon, biscuits chocolate and sausage rolls from the loyalty box in the works office! naughty naughty! :cooldude:

He has cut all this extra 'crap' (no other apt name I'm afraid!) And moaned about being starved for the last three days :roll: , but this morning on the phone he said that he was feeling less hungry and realised he didn't need all these extras that he has been helping himself to!

He's not a big drinker either, as he drives for a living he doesn't get the chance!

So after that long and exhaustive lists of things that he is / isn't doing, does anybody out there in the Ishy ether have some pearly words of wisdom that they would like to share with us, he says that he is getting disheartened by seeing / feeling his gut hanging over his trousers and it's really getting him down :hugish: so anything that would get him on the right track would be most welcome - what worked for you?

Lorna x

Mullein
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Helping Mr GT to lose his tum!

if you think you're hungry - try drinking some water - you might just be thirsty...

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

No words of wisdom other than good luck and it must be really hard seeing all those naughty things available, especially if everyone else is munching away on them. Best of luck to him!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Carltonian Man

Hi GT

what's in the pasta salad? I reduced my cheese intake (love the stuff) and replaced it with garden-fresh radishes, courgette etc. Also increased exercise and much reduced work stress levels (driving can be more demanding than is often thought). Since March have shed 10 kilos.

Best of luck

Martin

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

My 'never fails' diet is this

No Milk (or cheese, or cream or icecream - but you are allowed yogurt)
No Chocolate
No Chips (or crisps)
No Cookies (or biscuits, or cakes)

Have a ready supply of apples, and one of those apple slicer things makes it feel like you are snacking :wink:

I have found that this is the only method that works for me, it is simple rules, easy to remember (I call it the Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie diet) You don't cut out any food groups, you don't fool yourself with 'low-fat' manufactured snacks, there is no calorie counting, no portion control, no starvation.

Stick to 3 meals a day, If you get hungry between meals eat an apple - apples apparently contain more perk giving qualities than a cup of coffee (which is why apples seem to work) plus they are local and seasonal :thumbright:

I have done this 3 or 4 times since being an adult and it always makes me feel better, healthier and slimmer, I stick to it religiously for 3 weeks at a time (which is pretty easy) before giving myself a weekend off, then start again, usually for about 2 or 3 months, till I am happy with the results.... in fact I need to start it again as I put on quite a lot of weight when I had the shingles :(

The 3 week thing is because I have also heard that it takes 3 weeks to get into any habit.... so you don't actually have to keep concentrating on it, you only need to do it for long enough that it becomes a habit. :wink:

I have always wanted someone else to try it to see if it works for them too.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Millymollymandy

That's pretty much exactly what I do when I diet Annpan, apart from I don't give up semi skimmed milk. Just cut out all those other fattening and unhealthy things, well not that I eat chocolate more than about 5 times a year but I do like cakes and puds! As long as these things aren't in the house at all then it is pretty easy. I don't use butter either so I cut out baked potatoes as I can't eat them without loads of butter on, but probably still eat a bit of cheese. Otherwise eat as normal. It works but can take time.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/