Oil supplements

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
ajs88
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Oil supplements

I've been taking hemp seed oil recently, mainly to keep the eczema from reappearing, and have since heard a lot about other oils that are good take for both health and beauty such as cod liver, primrose, flax seed, avacado and pumpkin.

Does anyone on here use oil supplements or make their own blend. I know that I'd like to take cod liver for joints and primrose but I'm not sure how much to take, does anyone know?

frozenthunderbolt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oil supplements

I take fishoil capsules - 2-4 per day for brain food and metabolism

Linseed - (flax) i grind and add to my porrige and bread when i make it
Jeremy Daniel Meadows. (Jed).

Those who walk in truth and love grow in honour and strength

eccentric_emma
A selfsufficientish Regular

I used to take evening primrose for PMT but now I don't suffer as much anymore, I used to just take a capsule a day according to the bottles instructions. I eat a lot of hemp seed so get the oils from that - since I've been doing that I've noticed my ears are a lot less waxy! (apparently waxy ears are a sign of essential fatty acid deficiency), and hemp is really nice tasting in salads.

Avocado oil is good for cooking as it has a high smoking point but it can be expensive. I like to use coconut oil if I can for cooking, for the same reason and my skin is loads less dry because of it.
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

Rosendula

I have recently started taking Evening Primrose. It was meant to be to help with the PMT but seems to pick me up whenever I feel overly emotional. It kind of keeps my emotions fairly level - when I remember to take them.
Rosey xx