armpit help needed

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: armpit help needed

JulieSherris wrote: ok, he uses it in the bathroom, but it lingers for hours! Every time I go in there, I'm eating the stuff
I know what you mean. My eldest daughter sprays hers all over her bedroom and onto the landing and my son sprays his all over his room and the landing, too. Some mornings when they both wake around the same time it almost knocks me off my feet before I'm halfway up the stairs :pukeright: So I suppose I should be grateful OH doesn't spray his upstairs as well. And to be fair, he does stand as far away from any food as he can when he uses it, but it still drifts and I reckon if I can smell it, it's there! I do wonder sometimes if they actually get any on their armpits or if they just lift their arms and spray right past :scratch: I don't know how I got back into the habbit of using the stuff. It was only a few weeks but the results have probably put me off for life.
Rosey xx

Millymollymandy

I use unperfumed antiperspirant but I had to buy some in England as the only brand who made that in France stopped making it.

However I keep getting itchy armpits so sometimes I have to not put anything on at all and then I stink of BO and have to wash at lunchtime as well sometimes. Though if I put on the dermatological cream (on prescription) for itchiness it stops me smelling! My pits are a real pain in the bum! :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

I use this stuff it is a salt crystal but looks like a regular deodorant. It cost about £5 from a health food shop and I have had it over a year, I don't think it has got much smaller though.

It is amazing and I definitely sweat less now I am using it, I used to have to use the mens, extra strength 'mitchum' roll-on. But now I use the salt crystal once every 2 days or so :flower:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

lazyspice
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

the.fee.fairy wrote:I use a vegetable gel based deodorant from MMU cosmetics.

I tried a couple of those but got terrible pit burn! I assumed it was fragrance related but the unscented one did the same thing - I sooooooo wanted these to work for me as I have friends who swear by them.

It was after that I went onto the deodorant stones and haven't looked back - no burn, no sting, no smell!

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you try one strongly scented in a citrussy smell? There was a lot of talk on the forums about the citruses burning and the strongly scented ones burning, and now they make them weaker.

I love Ah Sugar and Bamboo at the moment, but i have about 6 that i love...

Or...did you try Aromacreme from Lush? I love Lush to pieces, but i can't use Aromacreme because it makes my armpits sore and itchy. I think its the bicarb content.

lazyspice
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I can't remember what fragrance I had but it was definitely not a citrussy one - a few people had problems with lemon, didn't they? As I still got very bad burning with the unfragranced one I assumed it was something in the deo itself that I reacted to and gave up.

I did try Aromaco as I was told that was the "gentlest" for most people but I reacted to that too, so didn't try any of the other Lush deos.

It's been a bit of a nightmare over the years finding a deo that I could use! Avon used to do an unscented one but they discontinued it - it wasn't ideal though, as it used to mark my clothes which isn't good when you wear a lot of black :roll:

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've just bumped the thread with the deodorant experiment and recipe in it.

So...people...add to the review thread any other deodorants that you've tried and the results of any other recipes/outlandish ideas!

(i really wouldn't recommend the disk thing...)

eccentric_emma

I was flicking through the Ish Bible last night, and noticed that nobody had suggested the deodorant recipe from there!! I think we should all by ashamed of ourselves *hangs head in shame* :wink:
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

AnnaD
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Having read this post the other day, I tried the rock crystal deodorant. I'm impressed by how good it is! I had some anyway, but never used it as I was a little dubious. Glad I finally did give it a go!