good place family photos?

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Mal
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

good place family photos?

Hi all,

Does anyone know a good place I can set up a small (free) website devoted to pictures of the family? I've got one at the mo through my ISP but I'm changing that, so I'll lose the space.

I really only want to display some pictures and maybe a bit of commentary, I don't want to be found on google, etc. My current site is so deep web that you only find it if I give you a link and that's exactly how I like it. It's also open access to those who know it, which means that no-one has to register for anything - ideal for technophobe grandparents.

I've looked at blogger and windows live but they're a bit bloggy or open - I don't plan on writing pithy bon mots every couple of days, I just want somewhere that my mum can see pictures of her grandkids.

Any ideas?
"If you want to catch a loon, you have to think like a loon"

John Headstrong

Re: good place family photos?

http://www.flickr.com/

make whatever photos you want private and they stay private, and get your mum to setup a account (yahoo account these days) so that she can see then and allow her to see them. it is fairly easy.

Mal
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I would agree, but you run in to the registering issue - it cuts out 50% of the target audience straight away. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and should use the live space thing.
"If you want to catch a loon, you have to think like a loon"

mybarnconversion
Living the good life
Living the good life

flickr is great but I've had issues with registration / loosing account details like many other people.

I now use picasa which is Googles simpler alternative ... the most recent photos on MyBarnConversion site are all hosted on there.