weight loss bandwaggon!

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

weight loss bandwaggon!

ok, i didnt realise i had lost weight until last week russiandoll and our friend sara had a go at me for wearing size 22 jeans when i am obviously not one.

i weighed myself. I've lost 17.6lbs (8kg ish) since xmas!!! this is due to lack of takeaways (money saving and now IBS), walking lots and cycling. the walking/cyc;ling all kind of goes around soph's school days and also the fact that i can now walk the just under 2 mile walk from sophs school into town in less time than it takes me to wait for a bus.

so, yeah.
me 18 months ago
(not full length, i hated photos of myself)

me a few days ago in my new size 18 (primark no less; so actually a large 16) jeans and top!!!

oh, crochet helps too. i dont snack while watching telly any longer. I crochet.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Clara

Re: weight loss bandwaggon!

Well done, that's pretty amazing - can you send me some fairy magic to get rid of floppy baby belly so quickly!!!
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

ellie12022
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

well done mrs flibble. :hugish:

I was really please with myself last year when I found I could buy a size 16 wedding dress, the size 18 was too big :sunny: And I have bought other things that size too. A few years ago I had to buy a size 20 trousers. Like you, it has happened naturally. I think that is the best way. I also accept that with my build I am unlikely to ever be a size 10. I am pleased that I have kept the weight off too so far.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Oh Mrs F. You brought a tear to my eye there. You look fabulous now. I bet you feel better too.

You must be so proud of yourself.

Well done.

Zoe

prawncracker
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Well done! and without the need for dieting - that is fantastic

evelyn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Well done!!!!! :thumbright:

I got my self a bike and now cycle every where been at it about 3 weeks and there is a big change in my shape, i am not reddy to get on the scail yet, best thing is people are comenting on how well i look.

Keep it up hun. :thumbright: :thumbright:

Eve

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

i love my bike. and my nice comfy boots for walking in. and i have actually come to love the basildon bus service's crapness 'cos it's a motivation to walk into town or to asda 'cos it's often quicker lol!

i do feel great. I went into newlook today and bought a short dress/long top from their normal people range, sale rack no less!!!! you never find their inspire stuff on the sale racks in my local one lol!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Helsbells

Hey,

I love this post, well done Mrs F you look really great!

I have a lot of trouble getting clothes that fit me properly, I am a size 14 but must have very unusual proportions because clothes in shops such as primark and new look just look terrible on me. It seems to me that they make clotes for size 8 girls then to make them for size 14 etc they just add inches in every direction.

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

That is so brilliant. You look really different between the two pics. I started going to Weight Watchers 6 weeks ago and discovered that my problem wasn't what I was eating but how much. I would eat the same size portions as my dh who's 6'3", weighs 15 stone and is in a job that involves him being on his feet all day, while I'm 5'1" and mostly sit down. No wonder I weighted 12st 10.5lbs. So after 6 weeks I've managed to lose a staggering 13lbs and all I've done is change the proportions of what I eat. Fabulous!

So congrats to everyone who's lost even the tiniest amount. And thanks for the tip about crochet. Maybe if I knit in front of the telly I wont fancy bikkies!

Lynne

ellie12022
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Lynne,

I can identify with you there! I know I do better eating little & often, but for tea I have been eating similar portions to my husband, who eats very little during the day & likes a big meal when he gets home. This is something I have realised this week I have to try & change, also I have been buying more biscuits because he's here, and I manage to eat quite a lot myself!

Well done on losing those 13lbs :cheers:

x

clare
Living the good life
Living the good life

Well done Mrs f ,it just goes to show the less you think about it the better you do,but as Ellie said you do start eating the same portion size as your OH and men seem to burn it off differently.I too fine knitting in the evening stops me snacking and i just don't buy too many snacks and just bake for the children.If I am on Ish i don't snack either!
clare
Grow it,make it ,eat it, drink it and sleep well!