Women needed -

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Women needed -

Just got an email from a journalist who is writing a piece can any of you help her out?
I was wondering if you might be able to help me. I'm a freelance journalist for Essentials magazine (aimed at women in the 30-60 age group; circulation around 100,000), and we'd like to do a small feature on the growing trend for self-sufficiency, even in urban areas. I'm specifically looking for case histories - women aged 30-60, either alone or part of a couple - who are going down the self-sufficiency route. Ideally, we'd like them to be relatively new to it, and still finding their feet - we think our readers will find the subject fascinating, but we don't want them to be put off or intimidated by super-efficient self-sufficiency!
My deadline is the end of next week

- Her name is Claire Williams and she can be contacted by email - claire underscore aardvarkedit at hotmail dot co dot uk - You have to exchange the . _ yourself, I did this as an anti spam measure.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: Women needed -

Just e-mailed her.

Cheers
Zoe

red

let us know if they do an article on you Zoe!
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

'm only 26 :( too young!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Rosendula

I've emailed her, too. :flower:
Thanks, Andy.
Rosey xx

kiwirach
Living the good life
Living the good life

i've emailed her as well......fit the age range and the just starting out bit!!.

anyone heard back from her?

Rosendula

No, but I only send the email last night and when I got up this morning it had bounced back - my mistake, I did a typo in the email address. I re-sent it first thing.
Rosey xx

JulieSherris

kiwirach wrote:i've emailed her as well......fit the age range and the just starting out bit!!.

anyone heard back from her?
I mailed her too - she's away for the weekend, but is going to call me on Tuesday.
Julie.
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

prison break fan

Too old!!!! But would like to hear how it goes, keep us posted! pbf

Rosendula

I've received a reply from Claire asking for photos and an interview :shock: I'm a bit scared that I might be wasting her time. OK, I do things for myself that I didn't used to, like I have an allotment to grow food, I cook meals and things. But, to be honest, I didn't manage to grow enough food to see us through to the next harvest, and hardly have any of it left. Next year I will be able to grow more as I have a bit more space, but a lot of what I'm eating now is shop-bought. And although I make my own food, it's mostly with shop-bought ingredients - like pastry, I make it with shop-bought flour and marg, so it's not really 'proper' self-sufficient, is it? I hope I didn't make myself sound like some sort of John Seymour when I wrote to her :dontknow:
I guess I'm just a bit nervous that I might disappoint her, and she has a deadline.
Has she contacted anyone else?
Rosey xx

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rosendula wrote:I've received a reply from Claire asking for photos and an interview :shock: I'm a bit scared that I might be wasting her time. OK, I do things for myself that I didn't used to, like I have an allotment to grow food, I cook meals and things. But, to be honest, I didn't manage to grow enough food to see us through to the next harvest, and hardly have any of it left. Next year I will be able to grow more as I have a bit more space, but a lot of what I'm eating now is shop-bought. And although I make my own food, it's mostly with shop-bought ingredients - like pastry, I make it with shop-bought flour and marg, so it's not really 'proper' self-sufficient, is it? I hope I didn't make myself sound like some sort of John Seymour when I wrote to her :dontknow:
I guess I'm just a bit nervous that I might disappoint her, and she has a deadline.
Has she contacted anyone else?
Seriously I would not worry about it, she contacted selfsufficientish and not self sufficient after all. It sounds like you are still more self sufficient than most people are and I am guessing in a magazine like essential that is what she is looking for. Not a Joan Seymore.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

prison break fan

Rosendula, You sound as if you are doing just what we are all trying to do! pbf