wooly weavy worky.

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
buzzybee
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

wooly weavy worky.

I really dont know if this will work, but this is my facebook album of the work I've done since finishing my degree. I dye, weave and finish it all myself, most of these were made as presents for people. comments suggestions and constructive criticism welocome, if you can see it! if it doesnt work, i'll try some other way.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... =576930326

AnnaD
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: wooly weavy worky.

Those are really lovely, I especially love the cushion covers. I'd love to learn to weave but I just don't have the space.

StripyPixieSocks
A selfsufficientish Regular

WOW I love the green wrap with the larger fibres in it that's beautiful!!!

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

lovely wooly works - do you spin your own yarn too?
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Shirley

Wow Buzzy - they are all fab. Well done you.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

sara
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

:flower: hi i love your cushion covers they are fab presents

sara

buzzybee

thank you all, nice to come home from a day at work and find people saying nice things :flower: no snapdragon I dont spin yet, I'd love to learn but thats a whole other ball game and it takes me long enough to just weave the flippin things these days!

snapdragon

weaving is my next 'must learn' :mrgreen: I have a learner loom but have not-a-clue about warping so end up with place mats not scarves :oops:
Can't imagine being able to make anything that lovely though
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind

buzzybee

it took 4 years of college to get that far, and believe me there was a lot of crap came out first! I find weaving very relaxing, I like putting things in order and lining things up, I'm a bit anal really, so weaving suits me. good luck learning!

buzzybee

sorry, just reread that post realised i sound rather ar**y, dont mean to at all! what do you mean by a learner loom btw? I only work on table looms, its all I have room for here!

snapdragon

buzzybee wrote:sorry, just reread that post realised i sound rather ar**y, dont mean to at all! ................!
:flower:
not in the slightest buzybee, it's all a black art to me as I'm totally self taught :lol: mine is a laptop :? (A4 sort of sized) frame with a 'magic heddle' I got it from an online fibre shop where they described it as a 'student' loom, but I think it may be easier to use by making a heddle bar with twine and a piece of dowel, and a spacer stick for the other shed (I am slowly learning the language)
a table loom would take up too much space here, and they seem to be rather pricey I've stuck to hand spindles and avoided a spinning wheel for the same reason

buzzybee

I see what you mean, i think, I looked up 'student loom' on google to see what type you were talking about, it tooK me to my beloved fibrecrafts, I think I have a similar loom that I bought on ebay. if it is its good for mixing colours, and simple sampling, certainly will give you a feel for the craft! the only downside, iF it is what I think it is, is that you can only use yarns up to a certain thickness for the warp. I asked my dad if he could make me a larger scale one but I came unstuck with the 'heddles' cos mine is like a plastic comb with slots and holes in to push/pull the wool in different directions, and while my dads clever, he cant do that! so I ended up getting a proper table loom in part as a birthday present, and it pretty much doubled my degree show work, cos I could have a warp on in college and come home and weave there too. James would leave me in the morning weaving with the tv on in my PJ's, and come hoe in the evening and the only thing different was that I would be dressed!
on a different note, is spinning hard? I'd like to try it sometime but nee to get all the stuff together! might use it as an excuse to get a spinning chair, just cos I think they're gorgeous!

snapdragon

If you want the chair you possibly want the wheel to go with it, and I have no experience of that as I don't use any mechanical stuff, just plain tools and elbow grease
All the stuff required for hand spinning can be as little as some wool, a stick, and a lump of clay
spindle spinning is - mainly practice I think - not hard and certainly doesn't need a new language like weaving does. :lol: :drunken:

gigglybug

I'm really loving the wrap!

Well done :flower:
Amanda

Facebook group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34623838139
If your near W-S-M please join!

buzzybee

yeah I know you can just use those tiny things, I forget the name, I'm no use with 'technical' jargon (although I have trained my boyf to use most of the weaving terms to do with my loom as he has to help me roll on my warps, he takes great pride in telling his friends how many words he knows), thats probably what intend to use if I ever learn to spin, I just like the look of the chairs for the house!!
I finally gave the green scarf to the person it was intended for tonight, after much delay, glad to say that she was delighted, and the friend with her seemed keen too! I just need to get my a%$e into gear more...