To many margo's ?

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
red
A selfsufficientish Regular

Boots wrote:I think the pics, Margo, Tom etc. are really old fashioned looking...

They make us look like we are a group of really old people stuck in the seventies, with lousy dress sense, and no access to hairdressers or sunshine. [Hush now, Muddy... :geek: I'm noooo finished.. ]

Sish is modern, refreshing and full of funky individualism and free thinking that is maybe not really reflected in 'enmasse' Margo's and Tom's?
hey! I only just got to my 500th post and you want to take the acheivement all away from me! :cry:
anyway..... I *like* the good life pics - dontcha know how in the seventies are now?
anyway we are all so 'modern and refreshing and full of funky individualism and free thinking' that we are not worried about what we look like - besides which.. you can put your own picture up if you like - thus bringing in that individualism (see my funky modern picture of wellies ........ :cooldude: )
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

thomas533

but it *is* confusing for people new to the site, but have used other forum software on other sites. It took me two weeks to realize that all these posts were not by the same people.

purple.hippy
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

i noticed straight away and love them! i love the good life and our niebours nickname us tom and babs.

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Boots wrote:I think the pics, Margo, Tom etc. are really old fashioned looking...

They make us look like we are a group of really old people stuck in the seventies, with lousy dress sense, and no access to hairdressers or sunshine. [Hush now, Muddy... :geek: I'm noooo finished.. ]
I'm hushing it, I'm hushing it. Except to say I'm with you on this, Boots. I suggested dumping the Good Life avatars a while ago and got shouted down. 'Parently I'm a heretic.
Sish is modern, refreshing and full of funky individualism and free thinking that is maybe not really reflected in 'enmasse' Margo's and Tom's?
Yep, that's me; modern, refreshing and funky [cough, splutter, wheeze].
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Muddypause wrote:
Yep, that's me; modern, refreshing and funky [cough, splutter, wheeze].
Ohhhhh YeahHHHHHH!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Martin

you can put me down for "heretics r'us" as well! :cooldude:
- it is dreadfully confuddling for newbies! (and slows the board down, serving all those extra avatars!):wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

wulf

I wonder if the title saying, for example, "Margo - newbie" could be linked to an explanation of who Margo is rather than having the picture there? Although, I have to admit there was a certain sense of pleasure in graduating up through the levels and reaching that 500th post which freed me from any of the GL pictures!

It is childish but it did help the stickiness of the site for me in that I'd actively look for things to comment on if I knew I was near a boundary level!

Wulf
:read2: Read my blog and check out my music

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I quite miss having the good life folks on my avatar...

i only noticed they were gone a couple of days ago as well :oops:

Millymollymandy

I enjoyed having the avatars and the satisfaction when finally reaching Barbara..... :lol:

If some people don't like all looking like Margo, they can have their own avatar as well to differentiate them from other Margos.

If they choose not to, and we don't have automatic Good Life avatars - then they will all look alike anyway, having no avatar at all!

So if you want to be different, have an avatar as well as the Good Life one. And keep posting!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

This seems to pop up every now and then and causes a lot of discussion with some people firmly against and some firmly for margo. It seems to be about a 50/50 split. No other forum has it and it is suposed to be a bit of light hearted fun and sums up some of the iconography of urban self sufficiency. A pretty good argument from boots there but unless there many more people against them then for then I think they should stay really for what wulf stated about the stickyness of the forum.

I think you might be right about new people and confusion so will make an announcement in the hello section.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging