Removing car stickers

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
happyhippy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Removing car stickers

Hi,not sure if this is the correct place for this post,so apologies if it isn't!I have a couple of car stickers on my back window.I've tried a razor blade and,well it made such a mess I ditched the idea.The stickers scraped into tiny pieces and blew all over the inside of my car!So.....do anyone of you know how I can get rid of them?I thought about nail polish remover????Anything else?THanks in advance!

Dr.Syn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Removing car stickers

hair dryer?
Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
Blog http://fredarth.wordpress.com/
Die dulci fruere.

happyhippy

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately can't use a hairdryer due to not being able to park right outside my house!We have to park in bays opposite.Any other idea's?

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

try WD40, get labels and stickiness off jam jars

happyhippy

Ohhhhh Thankyou,I do have some WD-40,will give it a shot and see if it works!x :icon_smile:

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

I am a sign maker and I have to do this on a regular basis.

Heat will help and you should have no problem in this weather. Park your car so the stickers are facing the sun for an hour and they should peel off no problem. Please do not use anything other than a finger nail to peel off the stickers if you want your vehicle to retain a resale value.

Acetone (nail varnish remover) or tar and glue remover fron an auto factors will remove any glue residue.

One of the best things for removing graphics is a steam wallpaper stripper

Good luck
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

happyhippy

Thanks Mamos,one of the stickers seems to have gone brittle and hard???I was going to try the WD-40 but OH didn't have any in his shed!I think I will try the sun idea though.I notice you follow Falmouth FC?Do you live there?My daughter lives in Falmouth,great place and some nice beaches!

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

I did live in Falmouth up until March this year but I have not moved too far away. We are now between Falmouth and Truro

Is your daughter at the Uni?

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

happyhippy

Thanks Mamos,I parked my car with the rear window facing south?Left it for 2 hours,and both stickers just peeled straight off,no hassle at all,so great tip and thankyou for your help!No daughters partner is at uni studying media/journalism and on his last year.They live in Falmouth.Great place too,been there many times visiting them!

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

Give me a shout next time you are down and I will buy you a pint