Want your Mushroom ID? Ask here and also look at some of the old posts here to see what you might have. Make sure you use a field guide and triple check using google images.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I live in the uk and found the on a small patch of grass near the roadside. From a bit of research it looks a bit like a field mushroom but I'm not eating it until I'm certain. Any ideas?
- 20130806_151739.jpg (159.96 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
- 20130806_151746.jpg (211.75 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
- Geoff Dann
- Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:43 pm
- Location: Hastings
It is an agaricus for sure, and looks like a field mushroom to me. However, with this group one must rely on SMELL to be absolutely sure about edibility. The poisonous ones smell of phenol and stain yellow, especially at the base of the stem when cut.
Geoff, thanks so much for your feedback. I cut this one at the stem and no sign or yellow, it smells like a mushroom you'd buy at the supermarket, very fresh and pleasant. Might go and get some more as there were a few of them around.