wash hair every day?

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
alexllever
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 275.8
longitude: 43.8

Re: wash hair every day?

really?? ok i'll try to wash without shampoo. more natural
baby baby, come back to me :brave:

gregorach
A selfsufficientish Regular

It will be greasy for the first few weeks. It takes time to re-establish the natural balance.
Cheers

Dunc

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

alexllever wrote:really?? ok i'll try to wash without shampoo. more natural
Try starting off just using conditioner.

Find a silicone free conditioner (usually the cheap brands). Look for things like dimethicone - the crude way to tell is if any of the ingredients end in -cone.

Use a good amount to stick on your head after you've wet your hair. Leave it for about 5 mins, then massage like you would if you were shampooing. Then add a small amount of water and massage again. You will notice that it gets a bit foamy.

Then rinse!

I do this in the winter to protect my tresses from the cold and keep my hair hydrated in the air con.

alexllever

gregorach wrote:It will be greasy for the first few weeks. It takes time to re-establish the natural balance.
mmmm, i think i need a vacation for carrying this project on because i dont want to show up with my greasy head for the first few weeks

alexllever

the.fee.fairy wrote:

Find a silicone free conditioner (usually the cheap brands). Look for things like dimethicone - the crude way to tell is if any of the ingredients end in -cone.

Use a good amount to stick on your head after you've wet your hair. Leave it for about 5 mins, then massage like you would if you were shampooing. Then add a small amount of water and massage again. You will notice that it gets a bit foamy.

Then rinse!

I do this in the winter to protect my tresses from the cold and keep my hair hydrated in the air con.

yeah i can accept this. and how often to wash?

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

i wash my hair once a week with shampoo.
im considering stopping using shampoo altogether, more because its pricey here than anything else, and as we're trying to be full time self-sufficient the purse strings need to be pulled much tighter.
my daughter, whos nearly 5, never gets greasy hair which im so jealous about! mine gets greasy by the end of the week, and if im going out somewhere i give it an extra wash so it smells nice.
i will be looking into this no-wash method though.
i was actually thinking of what i could use as a rinse instead of shampoo. i was thinking, when i make tzatziki i grate cucumber and squeeze out the liquid before mixing it with the yoghurt, and i was thinking to save the liquid to rinse my hair with. have no idea if it would do any good or not though.

if anyone has any suggestions on shampoo alternatives which dont cost anything, like that you can grow yourself, iv be very interested to hear them! :)
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

alexllever wrote:
the.fee.fairy wrote:

Then rinse!

yeah i can accept this. and how often to wash?
The same as you wash now. You can try it for a couple of weeks and then see if you can 'stretch' washes to wash less and see what happens.

Remember: any problems and you can always shampoo and start again :)