8 Tips for a Healty and Shining Skin

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
iniya
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

8 Tips for a Healty and Shining Skin

Tip 1: Drink Water

Water has long been considered as the most efficient natural treatment or an almost free treatment for any skin condition because of its being alkaline, with pH 7.3. It prevents dehydration which is capable of producing sebum or oil from the sebaceous glands. Your skin needs water in order for it to function best, thus doctors and nutritionists suggest that a daily intake of between 6 to 8 glasses of water per day is highly needed.

Tip 2: Watch Your Diet

Nutrition plays a vital role in skin health too. Specific foods such as those acidic foods and dairy products are said to be effective in causing an allergic reaction in some people. Also, one of the widely debated topics in the area of nutrition today is chocolates. Some say that chocolate does affect the condition of the skin, while others say it doesn’t. Whatever the result may be, the best advice is just to follow a nutritious diet that has a number of fresh fruits and green-leafy veggies, as well as fiber.

Tip 3: Consider Exfoliants

Many experts say that exfoliating your skin is another great way to attain a beautiful skin. So, try to invest in a good body exfoliant or “loofah�, as it is commonly called, as it is capable of eliminating the dead skin cells from your body. Accordingly, this should be done once or twice a week so to free the skin to breathe. What’s more, exfoliants help to put off ingrown hair from developing.

However, it is essential to avoid using any body exfoliant on the skin on the face. The main reason for this precaution is that the facial tissue is more sensitive and finer than those tissues of the body.

Tip 4: Consider a Healthy Routine for Facial Care

When it comes to facial skin care, getting into a healthy beauty routine is not bad. Most of the doctors today greatly suggest that you cleanse, moisturize and tone your skin twice every day. When cleaning, never fail to remember cleaning the area on the neck, including your face. Apply a moisturizer or neck cream after.

Before going to bed at night, always bear in mind to remove all make up. Clean your skin before you sleep, no matter how tired you may feel. It was found out that during the night, the skin goes through a process of elimination and cannot breathe properly if it is clogged with make up. And, you may also find out that sleeping with your make up on will cause your skin to “break out� with spots on it.

When it comes to shaving for men, some men may experience shaving rashes. For many, these rashes lower their self-esteem, but this is actually not a big problem to think about. There are a lot ways to avoid rashes. Perhaps one of the best is to make sure that when shaving, the razor strokes are following the direction of hair growth. That’s simply it!

Tip 5: Heal Your Feet

When it comes to skin care, the feet are often neglected. So, if care you found no time for a professional pedicure, try to fill a football or basin with warm water and add your favorite essential oil. Soak your feet for about fifteen minutes. Then, dry them and apply a rough skin remover onto them. Rinse this off and dry you feet well. And, if you consider pedicure, simply add some body cream to your feet for an easy and quick fix pedicure.

Tip 6: Avoid Too Much Exposure to the Sun

One of the most common precautions when it comes to skin care is avoiding too much exposure to the sun. As you may know, over exposure to sunlight causes sunburn. So, while current sun blocks only block out the UVB rays and still let in harmful UVA rays, it is still wise to cover up before venturing into the hands of Apollo. If possible, use a wide brimmed hat while tending your garden to keep the sun from your face.

Tip 7: Exercise

Aside from considering a healthy diet, exercising your body also helps keep your skin healthy. Note that a proper exercise does not only keep the body fit by regulating the oxygen; it also improves the glow of the skin as well.

Tip 8: Take Enough Rest

One common problem that face people is stress; the one which is not normal. It was found out that when a person is stressed, the adrenal cortex converts adrenal androgens to the hormone testosterone in male and female, which in turn results in overactive sebaceous glands. These adrenal androgens are released causing a double amount of testosterone, causing the face to be oily, while other areas of the body are still dry from dehydration. So, taking proper rest that includes 6 to 8 hours of undisturbed sleep daily is the best way to rejuvenate the skin.

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: 8 Tips for a Healty and Shining Skin

Thank you for the tips. WHy not pop over to the introductions section and tell us a bit more about yourself?
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Millymollymandy

Have to disagree about water being alkaline. Tap water is totally dependant on whether you live in a hard or soft water area as to whether it is alkaline or acidic. Bottled water can be either as well! I can't drink plain water because it burns my throat and even if I could I'd be peeing all day long and would never dare leave the house if I drank that much. I think it's a load of tosh telling people to drink that much water. Just my opinion of course. :iconbiggrin:

Have you translated this article because there are some strange characters in some of the words?
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

thesunflowergal

Are you sure that this is just another sort of spam?

Look at the link in the signature strip, its not very ish!!

Nikki
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

Millymollymandy

Don't worry, we've noticed that and are keeping an eye on it! :iconbiggrin:

thesunflowergal

Cool beans MMM :hugish:
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

Milims

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Gulumpah
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Richie

I've been having a really grotty week. But your reply (and your response to the post about exciting ethnic teas) have had me laughing out loud. Have you been sleeping in the knife drawer again? :lol:

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

thesunflowergal wrote:Are you sure that this is just another sort of spam?

Look at the link in the signature strip, its not very ish!!

Nikki
I just love the avatar... is that or is than not a RealDoll?!

(google realdoll, BUT sites found will be totally NSFW, NSFK and sometimes, NSFL*)

(*not suitable for work, not suitable for kids and not suitable for lunch)
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Millymollymandy

I've deleted the spammy signature folks. :iconbiggrin:

Silver Ether

Millymollymandy wrote: I can't drink plain water because it burns my throat
Thats an interesting comment. I find I get indigestion if I drink a lot of water ... half a glass at a time.. then only a few times a day to be ok ... but if its turned into beer it fine ... :lol:
http://silverether.wordpress.com/

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Silverether

You can be as self-asservative as you like, I said, just so long as you do what you're told.' Esme Weatherwax.

Millymollymandy

Scratches my throat is probably a better description and leaves me feeling thirsty and needing to drink something (else) to take the sensation away. I don't know why it does that and it's the same with bottled water so it's not our tap water! Black tea or chinese tea has the same effect on me - just makes me more and more thirsty! :scratch:

Derry
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

richierobins wrote:
If only I had shaved in the right direction, I could have made something of myself.

......this just made me laugh FAR too much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

And there's nuffink there about my wrinkly bits, Oops my skin I mean :oops: :oops:
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.