"THE FIT-ISH CLUB"

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
eccentric_emma
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: "THE FIT-ISH CLUB"

oops the week has started with a tube of pringles.....and im currently munching on a bit of marzipan!! oopsie!
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

i've lost an inch.

TBH i don't think its so much to do with the healthy eating as the exercise. Although, i do have to walk 10 mins down the road to see the exercise master...if you get my drift.

I WILL eat more healthily, more good things, less bad things.

Edited to add: i'm liking the podrunner stuff.

prison break fan

eccentric emma, how dare you mention marzipan!! am now busy munching on the packet that didn't get used at Christmas! pbf

Loobyloo
Living the good life
Living the good life

Well am cooking again now we've moved and eating a lot more fresh fruit and veg.
Trouble is I'm still nibbling on biscuits and chocolate so the next steps are to cut down on that. (hard, I have no will power and work in an office where there is always sugary, fatty things on offer) and to start excercising more (also hard as the only form of excercise I can afford to do is walking and its always dark when I have the time).

Any advice welcome!

Millymollymandy

I've just got back on the exercise bike but I'm so weak I only managed a pathetic 6 mins and 1.2 km. :( I am still getting over the flu followed by a cold and just beginning to get a little energy back. I've lost 3 kilos weight (yes I know that's not what the rest of you want to hear!) but I'm verging on too skinny now. :(
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

bryony
Tom Good
Tom Good

MMM take it easy won't you, I did so much more harm than good when I tried to go running shortly after 'flu. :roll:

I'm not sure exactly how much I weighed to begin with (9ish stone i think), and no idea now, probably the same, but i'm proud of myself this week, I've been doing yoga (exhausting! i go to a class with a brilliant but unforgiving teacher) and have been cycling early in the morning too. Usually impossible to convince myself to do anything, but its worth the pain for how good it makes me feel afterwards: awake, cheery :cheers:

I've not been so good with food... lots of crisps and white wine this week... i've got to learn to say no.

Shabba
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I haven't posted anything on here for ages as, in all honesty, I've achieved hardly anything! I haven't done any extra exercise or eaten any less. The one thing I have done is gone 10 days solid without eating any chocolate! This is quite a feat for me but I've still been craving sweet things and just eaten other "forbidden" foods instead. I also have a passion for peanut butter which I'm sure is extremely fattening. I just replace one sin with another! I also eat too much bread as when I get hungry during the day its just so easy to make some toast or a sandwich rather than cook
something healthy. Does anyone have any suggestions for low calorie snacks (suitable for a vegan) that are very easy to prepare for someone who is incredibly lazy!?

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

I've given up on trying to loose weight as it doesn't matter how much I exercise or how little I eat my weight stays the same.

I am over weight but it hasn't really changed much over the last ten years

I did give up drinking and pringles for two months last year and lost a stone but I also lost my mind :scratch:

I cycle about ten miles a day and I am training for a marathon so I am running about twenty miles a week (did a half marathon on Sunday)(feel free to sponsor me using the link below :wink: ) and I haven't lost a pound :(

So as long as I am fit and healthy I am not going to worry about it

MMMmmmm pringles

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

sheena
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Good luck with the training, the thought of it alone makes me feel queezy, but good news despite not being anywhere near marathon fitness I have managed not to use my car to go to work for 6 whole weeks. YAY(unheard of for me- if I can give it up anyone can!!) :salute:

Yes, my endurance level is peaking: Thanks to our freaky weather I have struggled uphill against the wind, downhills full of sheet ice (ice skating wasn't on my agenda of new things to do this year, but I looked mighty proficient slipping, sliding and spinning around) and My job with the elderly is very physically demanding, so I think yes I am almost fit-ish
and to top it all off I've cracked my addiction to dreaded crisps, to the point that I don't even like the taste of them anymore, which is just as well because they kept falling off my running machine :lol:

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey, hows everyone doing?

I have been on my Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie diet* for 3 weeks now and I couldn't find jeans this morning... but at the bottom of my drawer there were jeans that I havn't worn since before bubba was born (she's not a bubba anymore :oops: ) The last time I tried them on I couldn't even get them over my thighs.... But I am wearing them now... and they are done up... they are a bit tight but making me feel great. :wav:
I have however shrunk out of some nice jeans I bought a month ago... do you think M+S would take them back now... I am not a size 14 anymore :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

*No Milk (or cheese)... except in tea and coffee
No Chocolate (or sweets)
No Chips (or crisps)
No Cookies (or cakes)
It works for me everytime I need to loose weight, I aimed for doing it for 3 weeks - I think I might have a day or 2 off and then start again for another 3 weeks, I would quite like for the jeans to not feel quite so tight :mrgreen:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Millymollymandy

I'm doing my cycling (indoors) and various other exercises, just started doing ones for bum and tum too.

sheena
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

A big :salute: to Annpan getting into her old Jeans, what a brilliant feeling that must be.
I finally managed to get into a pair of my smaller old jeans, still can't breathe in the bloomin things though, but I got them on. :shock:
Now just got to figure out if I am gonna get them off before I pass out or not :lol: just knew I could recycle them, it was just a matter of time!!

Seraphim
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Ooh I like this thread, can I join?

I never thought I was particularly overweight - not skinny, but healthy - but according to my Doc i need to loose at least a stone and a half to have a good BMI. Not sure how reliable that is as I am quite big boned, have a large chest and generally worry that I might be too skinny if I loose that much (my fiance pointed out that back when I was 2 stone lighter, he could count my ribs)
Therefore I am going to settle for a hopeful 1 stone weight loss by summertime (getting married in July, so then would be nice) and thats it.

I think portion control and 'thoughtless binge eating', along with lack of excercise are my main problems.... so my goals will be:

1. Take up pilates (find some classes in gloucester) or somesuch
2. be MINDFUL of what i eat and why
3. Strip out the last non-organic foods from my diet - those additives can't be good

Does anyone have any tips on portion sizes? I never know how much I should be eating, really... I just eat until I'm full :mrgreen:

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think a small plate full is reasonable. Then wait a while, maybe half an hour and see if you are still hungry.

I used to put 2 or 3 slices of bread out for myself if I was having a bowl of soup, now I just have 1 slice.... I'm not going to starve but nor am I eating stuff I really don't need.

What is the biggest challenge for me is not grabbing a biscuit when I am in the kitchen but I have found a ready supply of apples and one of those apple slicers a really good alternative.... feels like snacking but it is just an apple :cheers:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Millymollymandy

I'm really pleased with myself doing all my exercises at home and did a whole one hour workout the other day! This for me is quite amazing! :shock: I am regularly managing 6km on the bike (yes I know that doesn't sound a lot but it is for me!!!) but it is so much easier now as I set up the old telly and video in that room so I have something to watch to take my mind of the boredom!

Can't actually SEE any muscles yet but they must be developing. They must! :lol: I feel really good (that buzz/high type of good) now after doing the exercises too which is great - and I can hold my stomach in much easier now. :cheers: I realise that I have let myself 'go' flabwise and need to do something about it! And yes slim people can get very flabby and I have had cellulite since I was 21 and a skinny beanpole and now that I'm 47 I have got the dreaded bingo wings! :lol:

The only downside is my husband muttering about me turning compost heaps etc in future. Umm. :scratch: