Just swinging by...

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Boots
A selfsufficientish Regular

Just swinging by...

Allo Peeps!

Consider this my "I WOZ ERE" post. Just thought I would swing by and say g'day. It's been a while, but its good to see the party is still in full swing.

Someone giving you some stick Andy?? Cheeky ungrates. Compost them, I reckon.

Well, was great to see the girls are still in fine form...Shirlz, Ina, MMM, Cheezy, Fee, you're a good bunch.... didn't spot Chilli though, is she still here?

The wombats been wombleing, and martin's still slaying them... but no sign of my ol' mate Muddy either??? He's not got all slack like me, has he?

All is well in my bit of Aus (now concrete, tiles and lil square of lawn), but I think my carbon footprint has easily quadrupled since returning to the city. I should try and find that old thread and check. Leaving the "simple life" has been interesting. I don't think I ever truly realised how difficult it was....lol... the 'convenience' of city living is definately simpler, but I doubt the girls or I will ever truly regret our time in the bush. We miss the critters and the space, and yet life is definately easier without the morning rounds, the water probs, and having so much to care about.

I now grow absolutely nothing. The closest I have to flora, are cut flowers that I buy from the servo if I get the urge. Zara (the smartest dog on earth) and Giz (the galah that was hit by a car) are the only mates of the furry or feathered variety I have to worry about now. The girls are both doing well, we are all working and life is much more social now. I think we all needed to increase our social contact, and getting back into life has been pretty good for all of us. Still single, but enjoying it in the city...lol... funny that.

So with that little update, I hope everyone is cruising in their worlds and life is being good to you all. Will keep popping back in when I get a chance.

:geek:
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Hi Boots
Good to hear from you and glad that things are working out for you. As you've probably seen, we've been busy with a huge number of great new members and Andy and Dave have been enjoying fame with their new book.

Keep in touch as I'm sure you can still dispense some great advice even if you aren't living the life any more.

Cheers
Zoe

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just swinging by...

Boots wrote: Someone giving you some stick Andy?? Cheeky ungrates. Compost them, I reckon.
Well said boots :mrgreen:

Nice to here you are doing well...we've been missing you.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Shirley

Booooooots!!! Great to hear from you :flower:

So glad to hear that things are going well for you and the girls. Don't forget, you can still be Ish in the City!

Haven't heard from Muddy for a while, but I do believe that The Wombats got to meet up with him while they were over here.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

BOOOOTS!!!!!

*launches self at boots and hugs her*

Haven't 'seen' you for ages!!

Glad to hear that you're happy in the city and that all is going well for you! Really good to hear from you!

Haven't seen Chilli around for ages! Or Muddy!

Don't be a stranger now you're all citified and all that!!

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shirlz wrote:Booooooots!!! Great to hear from you :flower:

So glad to hear that things are going well for you and the girls. Don't forget, you can still be Ish in the City!

Haven't heard from Muddy for a while, but I do believe that The Wombats got to meet up with him while they were over here.
What shirlz said!

Great to here from you Boots! :mrgreen: :cheers: :mrgreen:

We spent a day with Andy and Muddy having a look through Avebury (standing stones) and Uffington (White Horse) while we were in the UK and he is fine but doing things other than posting.

Are you in Brissy by any chance? We might be able to meet up when I am up next if so....

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Boots

*picks herself and Fee up from the floor and dusts each other off*
Great to see you again too Fee! :mrgreen:

Yep, am in Bris Wombat, and that would be cool. I work arvos and nights, but would be good to catch up for lunch if that works in with you.

Hey Shirlz! Hope you and the munchkins are cruising!

Zoe and Ann - Thanks for the welcome back. Great to see you are both still laughing here too and all is good in Ish Land.

It's my day off today, and I should be washing... will get to that.

High Fives all round!
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cool!

I work and stay around Virginia, are you anywhere near there?
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

red

heya Boots :mrgreen:
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

ina

Good to see you are still with us, Boots! Been missing you... :(
Last edited by ina on Fri May 23, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

chadspad

Hey Boots!!! I do miss your writings!! Glad youre OK
My parents B&B in the beautiful French Vendee http://bed-breakfast-vendee.mysite.orange.co.uk/

Millymollymandy

Hi Boots - you still a slim young thing then? I don't think many people saw your last posting! :lol:

I'm glad you are enjoying life - so you are just doing in reverse what a lot of people want to do :wink: but there's good and bad in both ways of living and sometimes the best is to find a happy medium.... which isn't always easy!

I hope you'll pop back occasionally and say hello as we all miss you!

Boots

Hey again all,
Yes Wombat! Woo Hoo.. I work in both Aspley and Boondall, so yes am pretty close!

Hee hee Chadspad, you meant to write ramblings, didn't you? lol

Hugs to you too Ina!

Oh yeah MMM, getting younger by the day.. I wish it worked like that! lol You know, the Ish challenge was really good for me... I got my PT certification and entered a bodybuilding challenge that ended two days after Christmas. It was the first Christmas I think I have ever had without the trimmings...lol... I think that was the last post you mean? I've been a bit slack since Feb though and do need to get back into it, because I am noticing that my hips are hedging bets against me again.

Yes to the back to front bit too. I"m Aussie - we do things back to front down here ..lol

Today, I am off to sit with my daughter while she waits to audition for Aus Idol. She has been waiting 4 years for this moment, and both her and her sister are pretty excited. Spare a thought for me, waiting out the day.... among the chicken suits and weirdos... with my fingers, legs and eyes crossed, hoping my kid gets some positive feedback.

Cheers to all!

Millymollymandy

Good luck to your daughter Boots - fingers crossed! Let us know if she gets through!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just swinging by...

Boots wrote:Allo Peeps!

Consider this my "I WOZ ERE" post. Just thought I would swing by and say g'day. It's been a while, but its good to see the party is still in full swing.

Someone giving you some stick Andy?? Cheeky ungrates. Compost them, I reckon.

Well, was great to see the girls are still in fine form...Shirlz, Ina, MMM, Cheezy, Fee, you're a good bunch.... didn't spot Chilli though, is she still here?

The wombats been wombleing, and martin's still slaying them... but no sign of my ol' mate Muddy either??? He's not got all slack like me, has he?

All is well in my bit of Aus (now concrete, tiles and lil square of lawn), but I think my carbon footprint has easily quadrupled since returning to the city. I should try and find that old thread and check. Leaving the "simple life" has been interesting. I don't think I ever truly realised how difficult it was....lol... the 'convenience' of city living is definately simpler, but I doubt the girls or I will ever truly regret our time in the bush. We miss the critters and the space, and yet life is definately easier without the morning rounds, the water probs, and having so much to care about.

I now grow absolutely nothing. The closest I have to flora, are cut flowers that I buy from the servo if I get the urge. Zara (the smartest dog on earth) and Giz (the galah that was hit by a car) are the only mates of the furry or feathered variety I have to worry about now. The girls are both doing well, we are all working and life is much more social now. I think we all needed to increase our social contact, and getting back into life has been pretty good for all of us. Still single, but enjoying it in the city...lol... funny that.

So with that little update, I hope everyone is cruising in their worlds and life is being good to you all. Will keep popping back in when I get a chance.

:geek:

ah ha, great to see that dancing cat again. You popped into my mind the other day whilst I was on my allotment so great to see you are still alive. You are missed on here I assure you.

Take care of yourself. :andy:

P.S. Muddy is doing much the same as you I think and have some time off. Saw him when Nev was over here earlier this month and he is his usual happy self.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging