Women who have made a difference......

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
sunpuppy
Tom Good
Tom Good

Women who have made a difference......

I'm planning to write an article for submission to a national women's magazine. It's going to be about women who've made a positive difference to the environment, whether by starting an eco-business or making personal changes in their lives.

I'm looking for three women to interview, and the idea is to promote sustainability/green living and show people that one person really can make a diffference. I posted a similar request on the Downsizer site and so far have the suggestions of Barbara Jones of Amazon Nails straw bale builders, and JudyoftheWoods. I'm going to contact them to see if they'd be interested in being interviewed for the article, but I was wondering if anyone else sprang to mind amongst my fellow self-sufficientish folk.

It preferably needs to be someone who isn't so well known as someone like, say, Anita Roddick - I want it to be "ordinary" (extraordinary as far as I'm concerned! :cheers: ) women, that readers can relate to.

:bom:
Live Life Laughing...

shiney
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Have a look at Tracey Smiths website and see what ideas she has to offer. She lives a downshifted life and is promoting it for the second year running ~ now internationally for 2006.

http://www.downshiftingweek.com

Just an idea.
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/

sunpuppy
Tom Good
Tom Good

Thanks Shiney,

Will do....
Live Life Laughing...

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

look for some of Namoi's posts as well she organises some talks and such for fellow small holders. I also know someone down in glastonbury who organises healthy eating shows. I could have a chat if you like?
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging