Tattoo's...classy or trashy?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
tim&fatima
A selfsufficientish Regular

Tattoo's...classy or trashy?

My OH decided yesterday that she is going to have a tattoo. she's been thinking about it for a while now. I thought it was just another fad, but this morning she put down a £20 deposit, and is having it done this afternoon.
Whereas I am more than happy to be married to a rebeling rock chick wannabe.. a little bit of me feels she should not spoil her "pure n white as the driven snow" skin.
:angel12:

Russian Doll

personally i wouldnt have one done as i have images of me old grey and wrinkly with the tatto half way down to my ankles :lol:

tim&fatima

She's having it on her ankle!! so it won't droop too far.

Ivy or flowers or summat wrapped round her foot and up her ankle
It's nice to be important,
But it's more important to be nice.

Russian Doll

tim&fatima wrote:She's having it on her ankle!! so it won't droop too far.

Ivy or flowers or summat wrapped round her foot and up her ankle
thats not to bad..i used to look after the eldery and did personal care...tattos dont stretch well :lol:

tim&fatima

thanx tea690, I have all kinds of images in my head now that wont go away!! :lol:

Hawthorn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I have a tattoo! I wouldn't do it just for the sake of it (I got mine as a symbolism of freedom after I quit my first marriage....he was not nice)
So, I got it to permanently remind me that freedom is not to be taken for granted.

Anyway, my other half has some LOVELY tattoes of wolves....really beautiful.

If she is going to get a tattoo, make sure she goes to the best she can, and see if she kind find a design that she really loves as opposed to the flash art that's all over the walls.

She wants something one of a kind if she's going to live with it for the rest of her life. That's my only regret from having mine done. It was wall art, not self designed.

chadspad

I have 4 now and still love them all. It all started as a bit of a dare with work colleagues and my hubby, we all wanted them and egged each other on. Ive found them very addictive. I started with a heart of flowers on my shoulder which is a fair size, this was a std design in the shop. Then I had designed one for my hip with roses and tribal shapes - it hurt like hell and I had to sit leaning on my other side for nearly 2 hours! I swore that I wouldnt have another after that pain. 6 months later I had another on the other hip and finally ended up with a garland of flowers round my bell button. This was amazing when I was pregnant and expanded with me lol. Being in places that dont get the sunshine that much, they are all still vibrant colours even after several years. Im definitely up for having some more, Im just trying to find a recommended tattooist in my area.
On the other hand, I would never have something like bugs bunny or a cartoon character as, IMO, this would look silly in later years on an old lady!
My parents B&B in the beautiful French Vendee http://bed-breakfast-vendee.mysite.orange.co.uk/

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have 4 tattoos and 40 piercings.

I'd rather regret the things i did do than the things i didn't.

I'm also working towards owning my own Body Modification studio.

I think that small and subtle are nice, and so are massive back/chest pieces.

I don't like 'pierced for pierced sake', or 'tattooed for tattoos'. I have 40 piercings, but you wouldn't know it to meet me.

I think that Body modifications are great for individuality and for artistic purposes. I don't like them done to get one up on someone else, or to look agressive. i won't employ anyone who is over tattooed, or over pierced. Even though it will be a body mod studio.

Tattoos are permanent, and i do regret one of mine. It was a spur of the moment decision, ad it was done by a bad tattooist. However, i love the other three, and i have plans for many more. Even if i reach the age of 89, and my tattoos are faded and drooped, i will look at them and be pleased that i did them when i could. I'd rather think that they weren't such a good idea later on, than regret not doing it in the first place.

Silver Ether

I love my little tat on my shoulder am going to have it re coloured a bit and added to also want a witch on my ankle... but gotto wait till lass gets paid as she is paying for it for my birthday ... :wink:

To be honest when I am old enough for my skin to be wrinkly and 'orrible ... I wont give a damn about what they look like ...cuss looking like a prune is just age ... also some area where you are a bit bony like shoulder blades ankles, front of wrist even across the lower back don't go as crumples as other bits... So just think about where you putting them ... :flower:

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

Well what can i say as a biker i am covered in tats last count 200 + well this does not make me a bad person, but you would be suprised the comments i get, like disgusting, brainless idiot, thug and worst of all "RACIST" and they don't even know me.
when they find out that i am a time served forrester and arborist, who lives a green life and has been growing organics for 40 years the look of embaressment on there faces is priceless, why do people judge by first impressions,
sorry for the rant :oops:
if you like tats go for it :cheers:
if you dont loook away :shaking:

all the best

Russ :flower:
[/img]
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

tim&fatima

200+ eh, not at the same time I hope. :lol:

Well it's done, she's had it.

she took her (our) design into the studio and had it..

Does it look good.. yeah it does, apparently it hurts at the moment but it looks good. :thumbright:

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

well done, when it has healed post a pic of it
all the best

Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Russian Doll

old tree man wrote:Well what can i say as a biker i am covered in tats last count 200 + well this does not make me a bad person, but you would be suprised the comments i get, like disgusting, brainless idiot, thug and worst of all "RACIST" and they don't even know me.
when they find out that i am a time served forrester and arborist, who lives a green life and has been growing organics for 40 years the look of embaressment on there faces is priceless, why do people judge by first impressions,
sorry for the rant :oops:
if you like tats go for it :cheers:
if you dont loook away :shaking:

all the best

theres a bloke round here thats covered in tattoos..hes one of the nicest blokes i know..always helps me out with taking the kids to school if the boys are ill etc...he gets so much hassle and slated all the time and it isnt fair as hes great
[/img]

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I'd love a tatoo but Jim doesn't approve. and I'm needle phobic which kinda isn't good; don't think the parlour would want me fainting over their floor at the first whirr of the needle!!!
I'm also allergic to pain. I don't take it well. I go into shock incredibly easily. no, seriously. cutting my finger once nearly landed me in hospital 'cos of the reaction I had to the pain and blood (I passed out and hit the work top on the way down).

my uncle is a big hairy biker who used to be a member of the hells angels (probably still is for all I know lol) and he has some tatoos.
I'll never forget that lovely bunch of blokes- they used to come round, they'd always talk to me like a human and not a 5 year old and every year they collected easter eggs and xmas gifts and went on a ride around the town to the children's wards and hospices. the local news once interviewed my uncle 'cos he's huge, has an incredible 18in beard and at the time had a huge silver skull dangling from his ear. Bikers get a bad press but all the ones I've ever met have been lovely.

http://www.mag-uk.org/
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

possum

I can't say I like them that much (OH has one on upper arm which is OK), but no I don't like the look of overtattooed people. Mainly because so many people start out with a cheap bad tattoo as their first couple, which very soon seems to develop into a grey splodge. Also the current fashion for people to get tattoos is bad as people do egg each other on, or get one on the spur of the moment, or get "I love David Beckham" . Also they are addictive and I have seen many people spoil their bodies not knowing when to stop (same as plastic surgery).
In NZ tattoos are more comon as it is part of maori culture, however there is a different attitude towards them, you don't just go out and get a pretty picture, you sort of get your life story (symbolic) tattooed on your over time and that seems more sensible.
I have been a biker (still got one in the garage, but don't ride anymore), so I have met my fair share of tatooed blokes and whilst not liking the tatoos, judging them for them would be as daft of judging someon by their TShirt (unless the tshirt or tatoo did say skinhead/white power)
Opinionated but harmless