valentines

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
red
A selfsufficientish Regular

valentines

hey I like the article on the front page on valentines stuff - nice :love7:

OH and I dont do valentines - I don't do mothers day either - think its a con put about by card businesses!
this valentines we are having a gathering with our friends.. everyone is bringing red or heart shaped food. should be fun
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Shirley

We don't do valentines either - but I'm thinking of making a bird box. The 14th is the first day of National Nest Box Week.

I like your idea of red or heart shaped food at the gathering - lovely :cheers:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valentines day i will spend at work. No-one to get cards from or send cards to. So i'll be moping about how commercial the whole thing is all day...

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is anyone celebrating a year of chip and pin or 130 years since the birth of Edmund Georg Hermann Landau the famous maths bloke? :wink:

In the past I have gone out with single friends on valantines as it can be a lonley day for some. Not sure what I will do this year, heart shaped food though me thinks.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

red

heart shaped pizzas are really easy
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

etsy shop

blog

Masco&Bongo
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 53.930141
longitude: -2.969870

I got loads of biscuit/cookie cutters for Christmas, so will be snuggling up on the sofa with hubby, eating heart shaped biscuits, making paper pots with newspaper.....
"Its not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Bruce Wayne

Blog: http://mistressofmeals.blogspot.com/

Jarmara
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I Don't do Valentines day its just another day as far as im concerned

Milims

Every day should be like Valentines Day!! You don't need to have a specific day to love or be loved. (or soppy even!)
That said - Lidl are doing a waffle maker that makes heart shaped waffles so I'm getting one for Chris - but I'd hve bought it in the middle of. June anyway cos he like making waffles!! :wink:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Millymollymandy

We're boring and haven't done anything for Valentine's Day for years. Cards are such a rip off price. Grumble grumble. :lol:

red

Millymollymandy wrote:We're boring and haven't done anything for Valentine's Day for years. Cards are such a rip off price. Grumble grumble. :lol:
totally agree - and if you happened to want to eat out its a nightmare cos eveything is set up for valentines etc etc. and its a slap in the face for anyone feeling a tad lonely.

having said that I like to celebrate a collection of festivals.. we do Burns night, (well I am a part Scottish) pancake day, Mayday, mid summer, Michaelmas, Easter, Chinese new years, new years eve and last year we started to do the heartshaped/red food party with friends - who are not all couples - just for fun. the great thing about the festivals I list above is they are not vital - take it or leave it (Christmas is difficult to avoid if you wanted to!) so its just a bit of fun.
Red

etsy shop

blog

2steps

I like the idea of that red :) I shalt be celebrating this year, first time ever I have none to send too. maybe I'll buy myself flowers and chocolates :lol:

red

2steps wrote: maybe I'll buy myself flowers and chocolates :lol:
good idea. and this way you get the flowers and chocs you actually want too!
Red

etsy shop

blog

manxminx
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ok i'm going to have a rant now so i wish to APOLOGIZE in advance :lol:

I love Valentines day and it is only commercial if you make it that way you dont have to go out and buy expensive cards and prezzies when you can make them i work at a school and every Valentines day the school has a cake and card sale 10p each to raise money for the school and the kids love it .Its really sweet to see groups of boys and girls whispering about who there going to send cards to :lol: .I send loads lol (yes i know i've been single for years) i just send them to friends and dont sign them as i make all my cards they do tend to know that there from me lol but maybe just for a moment i get them wondering :lol: last year i had over heard a group of little girls telling a boy in there year that he wouldn't get any cards cus no one fancied him he was a very sweet little boy in my art class so i decided to send him 3 cards all unsigned. At the end of the day i saw the same boy head held high coming to talk to me to show me his cards ( he'd shown them girls lol ) as i bent over to look at them he whisperd thank you miss :oops: ( i told you i always get found out lol ) but when i looked at the cards i saw there were 4 you should have seen his face light up when i told him i'd only sent 3 of them :cheers: lol

So rant over and any of you who dont have someone to send you a card i wil send you one of my very special home made cards but you have to pretend not to know who its from just mail me your address :love1:
" OH for goodness sake turn that light off and save some electric for when i'm older" - kelvin age 9

kerry

2steps

red wrote:
2steps wrote: maybe I'll buy myself flowers and chocolates :lol:
good idea. and this way you get the flowers and chocs you actually want too!
very true :lol:

manxminx. I always liked to make my own cards and presents it's so much more presonal. last year was chocolate shaped letters saying 'I love you' :wink:

Millymollymandy

Manxminx - I agree that Valentine's was great when I was young although I mostly didn't receive any cards :( but the best ones were homemade!

It's different when you have been married a long time (it shouldn't be, but that's the way it goes!).

I think I shall make pancakes on Valentine's Day as I've probably missed Pancake Day!