Supporting the Economy

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Supporting the Economy

I wonder what the smaller town local high streets will look like when "non essential" retail is allowed to open? Or even what shopping malls will look like? Will it be worth going for a mooch with a camera around the local villages and stop for a cuppa in any café that used to be there? Will there be enough tourists in the touristy places to encourage people to stop for a cuppa or even a meal? June in England seems a long way away. I mean - a visit to the hair dresser in April is one thing but I have always followed it by a cuppa/cake to make a day out of it.

Talking of cake, next door borrowed on permanent loan my recipe for chocolate cake and did a really good job for her first attempt. Is this what will become the future? Sharing recipes with the neighbours, cuppa over the garden fence if the weather ever gets better.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I don't know, Flo, but hopefully some common sense might start to prevail. I've just driven 70 miles to get coal from a coal merchant who was closed - they work reduced hours over the winter!!!!
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Flo

I see - coal merchants don't sell coal in winter then. The Met Office declared in meteorological spring on March 1st mind so they could open again.