Someone say something

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Someone say something

Silence reigns supreme here. Anyone there?

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Someone say something

:wav: :wav:

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

How are you doing Flo ? :wave:
I trust all is well and the weather your way is softening a bit.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

I'm still around but maniacally busy these days.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

Flo

Hi Odsox - yes well it might be spring any day now.

Baldybloke - what is maniacally busy? You got a job?

bonniethomas06

I know, it is quiet isn't it? I have been racking my brains for something new to post but I haven't been doing anything very interesting apart from tidying up and sloshing mud about in my garden!

Have been sowing though, perhaps I will start a sowing thread.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi Flo. Predictive text must of kicked in. Life has just been a tad manic especially at work since last June. Doesn't look like easing up anytime soon.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

ina

Between being massively depressed because I'll be unemployed again as of end of next week and being very busy at work because I'm trying to get a few things finished before then (and yes, I shouldn't worry about that, not my problem...) I just don't feel like doing anything much... :( Should have done lots in the garden, but couldn't even get myself out there at all. Grrr.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

littlemissrose
Tom Good
Tom Good

I'm sorry to hear that. I know the feeling and it allways sucks. :hugish: On my low days I don't want to do anything ether. But try to not let yourself be stuck there for too long. Start to do stuff for yourself again. Something you like. Or you want. Make your activity as small as you can possibly get it. Then there's more chance of you actually doing it. See if you can spare five minutes for your garden. Plan a day of releaxation for yourself to regain your equilibrium.

Well that was me on good advice. I wish you strength these next few weeks. And some happy moments too. :hugish:
My blog: https://thelifeofalittlerose.wordpress.com
My dutch blog: https://hetlevenvaneenroosje.wordpress.com has the same content bu is updated sooner.

ina

Thanks! Yeah, I have some experience with this - it will get better, eventually...
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Weedo
latitude: 35.0886S
longitude: 147.1289E

Chaotic even on this side - work is crazy with unreal timelines. At my age I no longer have patience with the millenian puppies who have just discovered the wheel. Like Ina I'm feeling very flat these days with a strong "been there, done that, don't need to go there again" feeling. When speaking as an Invasive Species conference recently I was actually introduced as the "patriarch of the weeds world" bloody kids have no respect these days.

On the land side; we are still very dry but temps have dropped to the low 30's C and there is a definite autumn feel to the air - time to get geared up for sowing (we grow autumn, winter, spring and not much in summer) Still relying on hay the keep livestock going. The grand daughter has the first autumn vegies up (beet, radish, onion etc.) and the horse and cow manure has finished ageing and is being dug into the beds.
Don't let your vision cloud your sight

bonniethomas06

That is a dubious honour Weedo! Hehe. I like the fact that our growing seasons are at the same time of year, even though yours is over winter while ours is over summer.

I am sure once the growing season gets kicked off in earnest and the sap is risen we will all perk up a bit. I feel the same way - although thankfully we now have some signs of spring (daffodils up, fat buds on the trees), it feels like it is taking FOREVER.

Not long folks!
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Flo

Dunno about the growing season kicking off in earnest - I've two allotments again. The newer one is superbly laid out and was handed over very tidy. The previous tenant did miracles with it before health beat him (and other things) but never had the time or back to do soil improvement. Good old clay. We shall get there with it but it's going to be hard work with that one - good thing the old one is still in good order with good soil. If you hear a creaking of arthritic joints it's just me knees. But at least this year there is space for sprouts, purple sprouting broccoli and the odd red cabbage on the new plot. Will be able to try more pumpkins on the other one then.

Weedo
latitude: 35.0886S
longitude: 147.1289E

Yes Bonnie - seems to be exactly opposite although we do finish some vegies in summer, especially tomatoes, capsicum etc. We won't plant these until Mid October with the aim of having the first ready for Christmas. We can grow lettuce, peas and beans nearly all year round although trying in the summer only works if you can give them some protection from the sun and hot winds (a shade tunnel?). Brassicas are generally a winter / spring crop.

I notice we grow a completely different range of varieties than you for most things and we do lack the older heritage varieties.
Anyway, while you are waiting for it to warm up and dry out, I am waiting for it to cool down and get wetter.
Don't let your vision cloud your sight

KathyLauren
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 44.5
longitude: -66

We are still waiting for spring here, even though today is suposedly the first day of it. At least we didn't have to shovel after last night's non-storm.

I planted daffodil bulbs along the driveway last fall. I really want the snow to melt so they can start growing.

We are going to re-plant strawberries this spring. The ones we planted last year never did much. They must be a dud variety. The last time we planted new berries, three years ago, they took off so fast that, by the time August rolled around, we were forced to start harvesting just to slow them down. We are going to try to find the same variety again, if we can remember what it was.