Manure mountain at craft club

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Manure mountain at craft club

Yes I am very excited as I have found a free source of horse manure. A great big mountain of it. Apparently the far side is 2 to three years old with fresh stuff at the front. To a girl ( well a little more mature ) who had a pile of horse s--t for a birthday present one year it is like discovering heaven.
Craft club are going to have a Saturday trip to do some very dirty mountaineering and digging of the above mountain. One of the girls has a trailer too, even better.
I have so many ideas what I want to do with this almost unlimited supply of manure ( it's from stables where people look after there own horses so there is a wide variety of bedding used).
I am going to help my craft lady make a no dig bed on what is now a over grown veg patch too using a load of it too.
Manure, manure manure.
I am like a big kid in a sweet shop just like my craft lady was in the recycled wood place.
Does anyone else get excited over this sort of waste or am I as mad as my hubby thinks I am.

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Manure mountain at craft club

Join the gardening world of allotment holders and vegetable growers Pumpkinpie. We get excited at all sorts of things like chicken manure, pigeon manure from the local racing fraternity, plain cardboard for compost heaps ......

doofaloofa

We need photographic evidence of this 'mountain' of 'maunure' if you please
ina wrote: die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

I will see what I can do

Marc
Living the good life
Living the good life

:iconbiggrin:

I have to collect about half a ton every week, whether I want it or not. It pales a bit when it's p**ing down and freezing, and my ground is ankle deep in mud :sunny:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Yes I'm with Marc on this one. Did you know a horse (or pony) will crap as many as 16 times per day ! Oh and I have three of them here. Yes lots of S***t made worse by the fact that mine live out so it's not even in one place !! :shock:
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham