Garden/Allotment Space - Wigan

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
that_sarah_girl
Tom Good
Tom Good

Garden/Allotment Space - Wigan

Hi guys,

Haven't been on the forum in a while - life getting in the way of free time!

Anyways...my OH has started volunteering at a local community centre called Sunshine House (http://arttoartwigan.co.uk), initially as part of placement for his uni course but has continued since he really enjoys it and it gives him something to do over the summer hols.

He's just found out they've got a fairly big allotment/garden space near the canal in Wigan. It's got bits and bobs growing there (flowers, courgettes, onions, potatoes) but is currently not being looked after very well....would anyone on here be interested in dedicating a few hours a week to look after it?
It would be free to use and you may even be given some money towards maintaining it, the only catch is because it is community run most of what is grown would put back into the community.

I don't know all the details of how it works, but if anyone's interested PM me and I can give you my OH's email address for you to get in touch.
Last edited by that_sarah_girl on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Garen/Allotment Space - Wigan

What a nice idea.

Luckily we do not seem to have a waiting list for allotments down here but I know a lot of places around the country have a shortage of allotments so it could be a good way for someone to get a growing space

Thanks for posting

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment