Where are???

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: Where are???

Hi
Just popped in to see who was about. New job, quite enjoying it for once! It was supposed to be a three-month contract and I'm still there over 5 months later! Just a shame it's an hour's drive and no chance of getting a train instead!

It's also quite long hours (excuses excuses) but nice to know that people are still around.

Zoe

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm ... 16.

16? SIX BLOODY TEEN???

Come on, you lot. You know where you are. Get out from under your stones and let the world know you're still around!!!!!!

OK - I know - pots, kettles ......

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

KathyLauren
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 44.5
longitude: -66

For the last six months, I've been up to my eyeballs in moving. Selling the old place, buying the new place, packing, working out all the logistics of a coast-to-friggin'-coast move with a dog and a cat, and now unpacking. Most of the boxes are unpacked now (been in the new place a week), but we haven't figured out yet where to put everything.

I haven't even given any thought yet to the garden. SInce it's already the Victoria Day weekend, the traditional start of the gardening season, this year's garden is going to be a joke. The place has been empty for over a year, so the weeds will need to be dealt with. Luckily, it's not a rain forest, like the old place, where you would need a machete to deal with a week's inattention to weeds.

If you are wondering about the critter logistics, we didn't want to even consider a two-week, 6000 km, road trip with a kitty and a greyhound in the car. So they had to fly. We put the car on the moving truck, then rented a van to get the huge dog crate to the airport. My wife flew out on a Sunday evening, on a red-eye flight, with the cat as checked luggage. Monday morning, I drugged the hound and put her on a cargo flight. Her crate was too big to go as luggage on a passenger flight. Monday afternoon, once I was fairly sure she was on her way, I flew out. My wife picked the hound up at the other end, and I arrived after midnight.

So, a pretty insane time for us all!
Last edited by KathyLauren on Sat May 18, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Riff-Raff Element

I never went very far, just up the garden where I do battle with the coolest May I can remember here and try and grow stuff that I like.

Flo

Around and about, wondering what I can do for myself to be self sufficient. Questioning the whole way of life again. Just gardening and living within the walking as far as possible, doing some cooking from scratch seems not much.

thesunflowergal

So lovely to hear what everyone has been up too!!

We are plodding along in much the same way as normal. Still have the chickens and growing as much at home as possible. I had to leave the allotment as it got vandalised, but I am nearly at the top of the list for another place that is much nearer my home and it has water :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: and it is totally enclosed by a massive fence :lol: :lol: .

How many of us old Wiltshire Ishers are around now?? What about a meet up??
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

Milims

How lovely to see you all! I pop in many days but it's always good to catch up with familiar folks as meet the new ones :mrgreen: Glad that the gang are back in town!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

oldjerry

I'm still here,I thought that' might be why you all disappeared.Nice to see some familiar names.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm still here as well, just got back from a week's break in that other place to the east of me.
Not getting on as well as I'd like in the garden, all the tropical type veggies are suffering badly from the STILL low overnight temperatures, including my tomatoes (you will be pleased to hear :iconbiggrin: )
Also been very busy with a new hydroponics setup which is performing well, I'll post some pics and more info soon and bore you all silly.
But it's the same old problem with me, not enough hours in a day .... I'll be glad when I can retire.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Dr.Syn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I have had a spell away from forums due to an "inconvience"
If you wish to find out there is a blog http://fredarth.wordpress.com/2013/03/3 ... f-my-life/
Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
Blog http://fredarth.wordpress.com/
Die dulci fruere.

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Good grief Dr.Syn. I have just read your "inconvenience " blog. SO sorry . I think I can speak for us all when I say so glad you have turned the corner and warmest wishes to you and your family. xxx :salute:
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

Dr.Syn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I'm on the mend now after the surgeon "hit me with a bus" to use his words, but it will take time. BUT the nasty has all been removed and the scan shows all clear.
Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
Blog http://fredarth.wordpress.com/
Die dulci fruere.

doofaloofa

@ Sunflowergal

What? Do us noobs fail to amuse you?
ina wrote: die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Carltonian Man

Good to see familiar faces and pleased you're mending Dr Syn. Wife and I moved allotment last October so apart from shed building, barn building and laying slabs I've spent the winter months wrestling 500 square metres of bind weed, couch grass and dandelion roots.

Penny Lane

I still pop in for a read from time to time. Spending most of my 'free' time allotmenteering.
Nice to see the usual crew are still about - thought you'd all gone!!
"It's breaking the circle.
Going to work, to get money, to translate into things, which you use up, which means you go to work again, etc, etc.
The Norm.
What we should be doing is working at the job of life itself."
- Tom Good, The Good Life.