Where are???

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Penny Lane
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Where are???

I still pop in for a read from time to time. Spending most of my 'free' time allotmenteering.
Nice to see the usual crew are still about - thought you'd all gone!!
"It's breaking the circle.
Going to work, to get money, to translate into things, which you use up, which means you go to work again, etc, etc.
The Norm.
What we should be doing is working at the job of life itself."
- Tom Good, The Good Life.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

doofaloofa wrote:@ Sunflowergal

What? Do us noobs fail to amuse you?
225 posts and a member for over a year. Sorry to disappoint, doofaloofa, but you aint a newb nomore! :wave:

Zoe

Helsbells

Not sure who is classed as old school, but I spose I have a few years and posts under my belt. I guess I had a baby and my priorities changed. i am still gardening and trying to be ish, but have less time for browsing and just tend to go online if I have a specific question to ask. Love looking at all the familiar names from when I used to browse through ish during my lunch break when I worked in an office.

Millymollymandy

Boboff is missing me! That's nice. I'll have to do a big smiley face just for him and then it'll be just like old times :mrgreen: :wave: :hugish: :grouphug:

I'm still around but spread myself thin over the internet, see most of the 'oldies' on facebook anyway. :iconbiggrin:

I am more into crawling about on the ground taking photos of insects and learning all about them, than growing loads of veg these days, but I am still growing veg because I need to garden in order to attract the bugs.... good or bad! I'm trying to cut back on the amount of veg grown and the time spent feeling that I 'have' to make jam and chutney just because I've got a glut. It all became too much for me and when it stops being enjoyable you have to rethink things. So I'm enjoying nature in a slightly different way now.

Great to see so many old faces here and hear about what you've been up to. :thumbright:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Thurston Garden

I am still around, but busy busy busy. Thurston Market Garden is no more...but as most of you will know, I built a straw bale hoose but was then made redundant. On the Rock n Roll for 6 months and then decided I should buy my old local, a 5 bed hotel. Needless to say I am now busier than ever.

I managed to find time yesterday to plant out my spuds - a whole month late for this far north, but, given how cold it's been I think planting them any earlier would have been foolhardy.

Good to see the old team are still around!
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)

prison break fan

I pop in most days for a quick look, but being ish takes up more and more of my time now I am retired. really struggling with the weather this year, the allotment is scaring me! pbf.

sleepyowl

I'm still here too, just busy with garden & new veggie/weed infested plot
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

pumpy

Yep, been away for a while, came out the other side, so here we go again!
it's either one or the other, or neither of the two.

dustydave
Tom Good
Tom Good

Tis funny how the vibe drifts away – but it always comes back.

After all, what else is there to do in life; other than to grow things; or to watch things grow.

I’ve mostly been just watching.

Flo

Strikes me that there are a few of us who have found that self sufficientish can be a full time occupation.

prison break fan

Got it in one, Flo!!! pbf.

The Riff-Raff Element

Flo wrote:Strikes me that there are a few of us who have found that self sufficientish can be a full time occupation.
Yep! Self-sufficientish morphs into more self and less ish. In the last couple of years I've taken up:

- soap making
- home curing of sausages
- perfecting sour dough breads
- finally sorting out a really productive composting program
- established a new fruit garden

I've also re-insualted the house, redobled my efforts on the preservation of food and added 30% or so to the area being cultivated. Oh, and we're self employed and did a big expansion to the business. I did have a go at establishing a mixed flock of duel purpose chickens, with a view to breed on, but brer fox paid a daytime visit and postponed that for a while and I've just got a few egg layers for the time being.

In the next 12 months I want to add a polytunnel, a couple of beehives and construct a little corner in the garage for beer-brewing. All these things eat up the time I used to spend less profitably surfing the net. Real life has more to offer, and the internet is increasing full of crap anyway. This is the only forum of any kind I visit now. People are nice here.

red

:wave:

hellooo

still doing much the same thing - still smallholding - I counted we have 70 lives on the holding at the moment - mostly chickens! - this last 6 months have been difficult as himself was suspected of having a hidden heart attack, but it turns out he didn't after all - but went through lots of test s etc and more importantly we learned we are mortal after all, which actually has been a positive thing.. knowing that life is actually too short and to prioritise. Happily it turns out we both want to carry on living here doing what we do, but learned to drop other things and turn down things we dont have to do.

However, whilst it was all worrisome, I practised displacement therapy by hatching lots of chickens - as you do :)

We don't have pigs at the mo - well we do but in the freezer - but still have chickens, ducks and sheep, and growing lots of veg and still spinning the wool and making and selling woolly things.
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Mustardseedmama
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi all----haven't been here in a good while---did some remodel on the house, etc...and more recently had some remodel done on me----that is to say Carpal Tunnel Surgery and had my elbow taken apart and put back together...not fun but had to be done.

Garden stinks---waaay too much rain---and as usual deer are eating everything...

Hope everyone is well!!
What if you're wrong? What if there's more? What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for?
Nichole Nordeman----Brave

berry
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 50.3706° N
longitude: 4.1397° W

Im still here (under a new name though) Got very sick for a good 18mths or so. Gave up everything that wasnt essential so never came here then lost my password and all that jazz. I mostly lurk now, look in from time to time.

Priorities change and so does life. I am now a full time carer for my child and thats well... full time!