Oh do stop moaning

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh do stop moaning

I happened upon a little experiment last week by a fella called Will Bowen. It seems that he and his expriment made quite a splash in the states some years back. It's to do with complaining. Here is some text from his site.
Simply put the bracelet on either wrist and every time you complain switch it to the other wrist. The goal is to go 21 consecutive days without complaining or switching the bracelets
I had a look on his site and its a little marketed for my liking, (is that a complaint)? Not that much info, but anyway, I think I sometimes complain too much and could perhaps do something about it. The idea with this experiment is that you will become happier with your lot if you can manage 21 days without a single moan, gripe or complaint. I'm thinking of starting this on Monday and tracking my progress on this thread.

So to recap, you get a braclet (any will do) or even a ring would do the trick I'm sure. Every time you complain you have move it to the other wrist. You keep wearing it until you have gone 21 days without a moan. Anyone else in?
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Oh do stop moaning

I'm a proffessional complainer and make a good side profit out of other peoples PPP..

Alan
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

PPP?
and...... Twitter

Millymollymandy

How will you remember which day you last moved the bracelet over though? :scratch:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

boboff

Pretty Poor Performance, or swop Pretty for a P word used to describe going wee wee's, as in the 6 P's of Proper Planning Prevents.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

bill1953
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 53.95
longitude: 8.95

I was going to try this and went out and bought a bracelet but when I got home I found that the catch was faulty and had to take it back and complain.
Just because you see two eyes shining in the jungle at night, do not think that the worse thing that could happen is that you are about to be attacked by a tiger. It could be two one-eyed tigers.

happyhippy

Sounds good in theory Andy but for me,it would be like undergoing a complete personality change! :iconbiggrin: Thats what the Brits do best is'nt it?Whinge and complain?lol I hardly ever used to whinge/complain,but I guess 12 years of living in this country has rubbed off on me!lol Seriously though,I'd love to join you but I feel abit stressed at present(Need to make a life changing decision)so good luck and I will be interested in how you and others who take part get on!Embrace the positive!!!

bonniethomas06

Good thread Andy, I moan loads, my boyf is always picking me up on it.

I sometimes try to go a day without saying anything negative and I am yet to do it! But will try this with you...starting now! :icon_smile:
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice one Bill, like it!

Mandy, you swap the braclet every time you moan not each day. It make you conscious that you have moaned... and happyhippy, I think that is the whole point of this thing, it makes you less stressed sounds like it might actually be what you need....hmm......have I just given you reason to moan about me ;)

ah great stuff Bonnie, actually I need to find a braclet before I start.
and...... Twitter

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Hmm, not sure i'm ready to give up moaning yet. It's one of my few major talents :lol:

But I'll give it some thought.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Susie

Go on, I'm in with you.

I do try not to moan too much, because I've known a lot of moaners in my time, and they really sap my energy (I like justified funny moaning, it's when people moan continually about one thing that they could do something about but won't that I find myself grinding my teeth). Sometimes when people start moaning like that I start being really positive just to annoy them, so I imagine I am actually much more irritating than they are ;-).

I didn't like his site either though, I think we're ok saying that ;-).
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

happyhippy

Andy I would never whinge about you,I like the site too much! :iconbiggrin: I'll be back to my normal happy self soon,just need to do somethng first,and then I'm back on the road to happiness!lol

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

What - no moaning?

Life wouldn't be worth living.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Millymollymandy

Andy Hamilton wrote:Mandy, you swap the braclet every time you moan not each day. It make you conscious that you have moaned...
Yes I realise that, but you still wouldn't necessarily know when you last moaned so you wouldn't know when it was 21 days, would you? I think this is so confusing I might just have to go off and have a moan about it ..... :mrgreen:

I don't think I moan a lot but other people have told me otherwise! But generally I'm quite happy. I think. :scratch: :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

What really annoys me is people who moan all the time and don't realise they are doing it :lol:

I'm up for it, the problem is that I shall forget to do it. So, if you hear me moaning, just give me a slap.

Zoe