I flipping hate football.

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
southeast-isher
A selfsufficientish Regular

I flipping hate football.

No scrap that, i hate all sport. This cack has taken over the radio airwaves tonight and i'm not happy.

Jessiebean
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: I flipping hate football.

Me too. Can't stand sport, gets me all fired up thinking about how much money and time is wasted on it. I live near a "footy" (which is Australian Rules football... much stupider)Stadium and the sheer number of people of all ages trudging to go and yell and grown men playing in the drizzle and mud and thinking they are doing something important astonishes me.
end rant... for now...
"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.”

my blog: http://thedullroarphilosophy.blogspot.com/

Millymollymandy

I can't decide which is the worst sound on Radio 4 - the cricket or the religion. Both have the same 'I have to turn it off NOW or else I will scream with rage' effect on me. :iconbiggrin:

Note - it's not me who has Radio 4 on in the kitchen every day. :roll:

However I don't mind Formula 1 because my ironing gets done during the races. :thumbright:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

gregorach

Not just me then? :iconbiggrin:
Cheers

Dunc

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

I can't see what all the fuss is with sport. Even as a keen motorcyclist, I have never followed the racing. It bores the pants off me. I would far prefer to be out there riding, rather than watch someone else doing it. As for football, well don't get me started.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

pelmetman

So it looks like there are quite a few of us that have no interest in sport.

The only thing I sometimes watch is the men's final at Wimbledon. As for football and cricket .. boring, boring, boring.

We also have absolutely no interest in the Olympics which I suppose will be on the tele all the time, good reason to not switch it on :lol:

Sue
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

mollypea
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I don't mind watching a little bit of most sports (except golf and darts, don't 'get' them at all) but I am unfortunate enough to live two minutes away from a football stadium and now the season has started again have to put up with the mass of people parking in the street/ on the pavement/ on the grassy areas at the end of our street and the traffic jams/ traffic fumes. They are mostly home fans as well so I bet most could use public transport/ walk if they wanted to. Grr!

spider8

Nope, not into sports at all with cricket being my biggest hate. However, watching snooker really gets me off to sleep wonderfully.........the low, hushed voices, quiet except for the smack of the balls.......so long as OH remembers to turns the telly off when I'm snoring.
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

Crickleymal
Living the good life
Living the good life

I too loathe most sports. Well not entirely, I hate team games. I'm quite happy to watch a bit of tennis or athletics and the more unusual sports that feature at the Olympics but if there are more than 4 people playing in total then I'm just not interested
Malc

High in the sky, what do you see ?
Come down to Earth, a cup of tea
Flying saucer, flying teacup
From outer space, Flying Teapot

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

The only sport that I did as a kid were canoeing and archery (not at the same time). In my defense, archery is more of a discipline than a sport. As I mentioned earlier I'm probably the worlds worst spectator (short attention span) and would rather be doing something constructive.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

gregorach

mollypea wrote:I am unfortunate enough to live two minutes away from a football stadium
I've got Tynecastle Stadium (home of Heart of Midlothian FC) 2 mins one way, and Murrayfield Stadium (home of Scottish rugby) 2 mins the other... If they've both got games on on the same day, it's a bleedin' nightmare.
Cheers

Dunc

Loobyloo
Living the good life
Living the good life

gregorach wrote:I've got Tynecastle Stadium (home of Heart of Midlothian FC) 2 mins one way, and Murrayfield Stadium (home of Scottish rugby) 2 mins the other... If they've both got games on on the same day, it's a bleedin' nightmare.
Hey you must be on the other side of Tyncastle from me. :cheers: I live between it and the Caledonian Brewery! :drunken:
Its a real bu**er when the football's on but at least I don't have to worry about the rugby too. I don't envy you that.

I hate football too but don't mind rugby, I quite enjoy watching it occasionally although being a Scotland supporter it can be a bit depressing!

mollypea
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

gregorach wrote: I've got Tynecastle Stadium (home of Heart of Midlothian FC) 2 mins one way, and Murrayfield Stadium (home of Scottish rugby) 2 mins the other... If they've both got games on on the same day, it's a bleedin' nightmare.
Ooh, I lived in that same area a few years back, I feel your pain!

(note to self, stop moving to houses near sports grounds!)

greenorelse
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

The rich are taking the bread, so the poor are left only with the circuses.

I sympathise with anyone living near a sports stadium; what a misery it must be.

As for the tv, get rid of it. The radio? The off button. Do not buy newspapers. Read news on-line selectively. I quite like Al Jazeera.
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

crowsashes

must just be me then! :shock:

i love watching the cricket, spent many a day at egbaston and loved it. footy too but that was a few years back. i do much prefer playing them however, dont have much time to watch it these days and loathe watching it on the tele, whats the point really?