confusion at consumerism

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
southeast-isher
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: confusion at consumerism

I prefer my Visions glass saucepans and skillet! ;-)

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

mrsflibble wrote: I'm amazed, so many people are putting 'selling because they don't match my kitchen'.I mean this caused some serious Flibble confusion here.
:banghead: Are you buying them from my mother?

I love her dearly but my goodness the woman can't half waste money and resources. She. just. doesn't. get. it. I can't complain too much because I get all her old stuff including two sets of lovely crockery and kitchen sets that were discarded for that very reason. :roll: Personally I love a good mismatch, my whole flat is a mismatch of colours and furniture etc. Plus she's horrified that I've got a recycled trellis with dresser hooks attached on my kitchen wall and that's where my cups live. :iconbiggrin:

I'm as confused as you are Mrs Flibble. :dontknow: :(

Graye, I love love love your kitchen!
Last edited by Nomada on Sat May 28, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

Milims wrote:What's worse is they all end up in houses that look exactly the same as each others! Nice brown sofas, laminate floors, cream rugs, magnolia walls, beech coffee tables and no personality!
You guys are still talking about my mum? :scratch: Except her rug is red, for now, she wants to replace it. It's a year old :banghead:
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

southeast-isher

julie_lanteri wrote:maybe it was get rid of the pans or redecorate the kitchen? :p
haha good point

Milims

Nomada wrote:
Milims wrote:What's worse is they all end up in houses that look exactly the same as each others! Nice brown sofas, laminate floors, cream rugs, magnolia walls, beech coffee tables and no personality!
You guys are still talking about my mum? :scratch: Except her rug is red, for now, she wants to replace it. It's a year old :banghead:
I could do with a nice red rug......... :mrgreen:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well done, Flib!! But be careful - cooking in big, thick cast iron pans is a whole new ball game if you don't want to burn stuff. We have two complete Le Creuset sets (just 'cos we like 'em), and I love cooking with them. But you need to be a dab hand with the temperature control. They heat up slowly but then can get VERY hot, and they retain the heat for an awfully long time. Get them up to temperature and then turn the heat WAY down and get the lid on. Get it too wrong and you're going to have a caramelised mess on your hands. But don't worry - once you get used to them, you'll never change.

And, just to pee people off, OH is a Denby fanatic - she can smell Denby from a quarter of a mile at boot sales. We have so much Denby, it's coming out of our ears. It's in the kitchen, in the spare room and in the bloody garage!! Every cupboard I open, I'm faced with Denby. She's particularly fond of Greenwheat, so she may be prepared to do swapsies - I'll ask her.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Jessiebean
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have red kettle, red mixer, red toaster and red cast iron casserole (sadly not le creuset) and am moving into a place which is entirely sage and baby pink- kitchen included! I am hoping that the mish mash will work but hey- if strawberry shortcake can live with red and pink so can I, I certainly wouldn't be buying all new appliances or dishes just to match! Having said that I must keep my eye out for some of the gorgeous purple le creuset which just came to Australia, soon people will be deciding it doesn't go with their kettle or the muted tones of their oh so boring and sterile living space....glad there are other folk out there resisting the brown and cream and boredom flavoured decor of today (also I wish people would stop painting sweet little cottages grey!)
"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.”

my blog: http://thedullroarphilosophy.blogspot.com/

Millymollymandy

I do get colour schemes for your home. I don't get saucepans matching your kitchen cos they live in cupboards! I have a couple of huge orange ones (maybe not Le Creuset but look the same) and they live in the bottom of a 2nd hand office metal cupboard where I store all my jam jars and preserving stuff in the cellar. It's only my OH who uses them cos the biggest one is too heavy to get out of the cupboard. :lol: In fact actually it was the OH who bought them in the first place - can't stand the things myself - give me nice shiney stainless steel and grandma's old black enamel one. :iconbiggrin:

Mind you they'd match my living room which is orange and royal blue and has been since I moved to France actually so this is the 5th house that has had that colour scheme.......thank god I inherited neutral wall colours! :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

MKG wrote:Well done, Flib!! But be careful - cooking in big, thick cast iron pans is a whole new ball game if you don't want to burn stuff. We have two complete Le Creuset sets (just 'cos we like 'em), and I love cooking with them. But you need to be a dab hand with the temperature control. They heat up slowly but then can get VERY hot, and they retain the heat for an awfully long time. Get them up to temperature and then turn the heat WAY down and get the lid on. Get it too wrong and you're going to have a caramelised mess on your hands. But don't worry - once you get used to them, you'll never change.

thanks MKG, my mum said the same thing lol. "now you have to learn to cook with them too"... I'm sure I'll be fine :D I'm a determined bean.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Russian Doll

well done you...as for the colour scheme thing...im not that good at it and if i spent time matching the decor to various treasures in my flat id be here all day lol

as my daughter says only you mum would mix green and pink lol

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

@Flibsey Well done you! I treated Hubby (t'is he who does the cooking) to two members of the 'Le Cruset' family, (a stew pot & a milk pan) when our local gas show room closed. (They'd been set dressing! That's why your gas bills are so high. :? ) He'd love more.

@Russian Doll , nope, my lounge is pink & green & so was a previous bathroom...a really pretty colour combination.

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

£66 with postage ;)

and tea, soph's room is pink and green.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!