SAD check

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

SAD check

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:24 pm

I am really pleased to have found that this year, I remain pretty unaffected by S.A.D. and have managed to keep happy.

Thinking back to last winter, I remember a number of us on here were quite badly affected - is anyone else the same?
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

crowsashes

Re: SAD check

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:16 pm

im feeling pretty rubbish to be honest , but im at college and swear i have a class fullof vampires! windows shut ( we have broke heating so its 20 celcius + ) blinds shut and only artificial light from 9am - 4/5pm!! im tearing my hair out as its like this 4 days a week. i make a point of opening the blinds in the morning but some numpty shuts them again within the hour! grrr :banghead: :angryfire: roll on thursday though... its half term. 9 whole days of freedom :brave:

southeast-isher

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:28 pm

I've got a bit of SAD... need Spring/Summer to get out and about and enjoy myself.

madabouthens
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:33 am

I have found that the more I am outdoors, the better I feel :icon_smile: . Mind you, with the rain p£$^$n down, sometimes it is easier, but not better, to stay indoors. :(
Tony

The Riff-Raff Element

Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 am

Pretty cheerful, really. But I do get outside a lot. I'll be pleased when there's enough daylight at 7 to walk the hound in safety (we're West of Greenwich but on European time - dark mornings for a while longer).

Millymollymandy

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:10 am

Much better this winter and I haven't even managed to finish one knitting project (my godsend last winter) :lol: I think it was the mild spell in January which urged me out and then getting outside knocked any remnants away. The problem is, like starting exercise, making yourself get out there and do something in the first place.

As spring is really advanced this year I just want to be outside doing things all the time now. :flower:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

bonniethomas06

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:08 am

crowsashes wrote:im feeling pretty rubbish to be honest , but im at college and swear i have a class fullof vampires! windows shut ( we have broke heating so its 20 celcius + ) blinds shut and only artificial light from 9am - 4/5pm!! im tearing my hair out as its like this 4 days a week. i make a point of opening the blinds in the morning but some numpty shuts them again within the hour! grrr :banghead: :angryfire: roll on thursday though... its half term. 9 whole days of freedom :brave:
That sounds horrid CA, I hate those awful strip lights. If it is any consolation I work in an office where my back is to the only window and we only have a little roof light, so I am always being told off for opening blinds and dazzling my roomate!

I guess January has been quite good - and I can't think of a weekend when I haven't been able to do some digging in the veggie patch due to rain (which got me down last year as I was so behind).

Anyway, long may it last! :flower:
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

southeast-isher

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:31 am

I like your wellies Bonnie. :grouphug:

becks77

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:04 am

Bit down in the dumps but knitting and the horses have been godsends this year :iconbiggrin:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Helsbells

Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:55 pm

I was terrible last year, really felt quite depressed. Much better this year, and feeling very optimistic now spring is clearly in the air. Also could be to do with reducing my days at work.

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm touching ALOT of wood, but I too, seem to have 'got away with it' this Winter. I think there might be something in the early snow theory.

Mw
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

citizentwiglet

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:33 pm

I don't feel I've had it as bad this year. Saying that, with me I think a lot of it is about keeping my mind and/or body busy otherwise I tend to fall into the doldrums - I do suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder, which I can usually keep very well under control (thanks to the wonders of CBT) and I did have an episode earlier this year which forced me to give myself a shake so I think, ironically, that helped. I've started walking a lot - not only is our skip of a car off the road for the long-term, but I've also started walking briskly as a way to help me shift some weight - I'm out every day for at least an hour (usually pushing the buggy), but I try to get out alone for a good 90 minutes a few days a week. It's been wonderful walking around familiar places watching Spring starting to burst forth - I think it's good to have a number of 'reference spaces' that you can look at and recognise how many changes are happening as Spring approaches. It sounds as corny as hell, but getting healthier DOES to marvellous things to your brain.
I've also started more crafty things - silk painting, glass painting and jewellery making so that's helping to keep me busy and focused when it might sometimes be easier to get depressed and stare at a wall for a few hours.
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden