weight loss group

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

weight loss group

Anyone interested in declaring their weight losses [ or gains ] and associated tips on a regular basis ?

EDITED TO ADD THIS DISCLAIMER.

BEFORE EMBARKING ON ANY FITNESS OR WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAMME MAKE SURE YOU CONSULT QUALIFIED PROFFESIONALS IN THE RELEVENT DEPARTMENT. ANY TIPS, IDEAS OR NOTES MENTIONED HERE BY ME ARE NOT FROM A SCIENTIFIC BACKGROUND SO YOU SHOULD SATISFY YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HARM YOURSELF IN ANY WAY. IF IN DOUBT SEEK PROFFESIONAL AND MEDICAL ADVICE. :salute:
Last edited by Big Al on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

prison break fan

Re: weight loss group

Yes please! pbf.

eco-mick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Aye, me too :D

17st 6lbs :oops: last monday morning. Then it went up to 17/10 :shock:

Would like to loose 3-4 stone somehow :cooldude:
Last edited by eco-mick on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

I'm in, i have rather a lot to loose :( and hopefully this will help me keep on track

so far this year i've lost 9lbs :cheers: for stress but this week the healthy eating starts for real, which added to 3 walks to and from school 4 days a week i'm hoping that will do it!

good luck you two
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

crowsashes

this is a really good idea, at least this way no ones going to tell you to eat specific branded meals or try to sabotage your hard work!

i have a fair bit to shift too ( it started with disposing of 11st of unwanted 'baggage')

but hey im up for doing a regular weight loss update ...just let me go buy some new batteries for my scales first!

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I'm in !!

last Monday morning I was 11 st 12 lb and would ideally like to be under 10 stone

Have tried cutting down on "fattening foods" this week and quick hops on & off scales seem to show a slight decrease, but will do a proper weigh-in tomorrow morning

Keaniebean

Yep, me to. :wave:

The kids were given a wii fit plus game for Christmas by the In Laws, apparently I should be 10stne 5lbs. :lol: Hahaha, i havent been that weight since I was about 13 years old. I'm 17stone 7 so I've got a whopping 7 stone to loose. Personally I would be happy with 5, I have never been small and don't actually want to be anything less than a size 12/14. It wouldn't be me if I was smaller than that :iconbiggrin:

I did quite well last year following the slimming world plan, i lost 1 stone 9 in about 8 weeks. I've still got all the books and some magazines i just need to get back into it now. :?
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

boboff

I am in Big Al.

19st at the moment, should be 11st 8lb! Realistically I would be happy to be 15st.

Start today, no boose for a start, exercise and healthy eating here we come. I plan to keep going for 6 months.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

wow getting a fair group here, i'm trying to follow the slimming world plan that worked for me before the last two boys arrived, i have 7 stone to loose (OMG) obviously because of the boys and being at home i am limited to wii fit in the evenings and walking during the day, i'm going to get mr luvpie to get out walking on his days off.

I am aiming to have lost this this year, would mean that i have a steady loss of 2lbs a week, so ho9pefully i'll keep it off this time, if i loose the whole amount i don't know, i'm another one who hasn't been her 'right' size since puberty thogh, but i want to get healthy for the kids thats my main motivation!

oh i should say i now have a big problem with the wii fit, great games but my boys were playing with it at the weekend and it told my 3 yr old that he was overweight and needed to set a weight loss goal! err hello he is 3! blooming computers (added to the fat that my eldest (11) who is recorded as underweight, he obviously didn't get my genes, is trying to loose weight as his mii looks fat!)
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

boboff

I love that bit on the Wii when your charachter "fats up"! make me smile.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

sleepyowl

I'll join too but I'm not necessarily looking to loose weight but to tone up as I need to get rid of the gut & lose the moobs
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

weighed myself properly this morning

11 st 9 lb -- so lost about 3 lb this week :)

a good start considering i still have too many christmas goodies around to give cakes n biscuits completely yet!

Keaniebean

boboff wrote:I love that bit on the Wii when your charachter "fats up"! make me smile.
Trouble is my mii fatted up so much I look like a weeball, but at least I can go round singing 'weeballs wobble but they don't fall down', or should it be miiballs? :lol: :lol: .

If any one is interested in some recipes based on the slimming world programme :wink: I could start a thread in the cooking section, what do you think, or more to the point is it legal? :dontknow:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

no idea to the legality of it, but i have a link to a site that lists all the recipes, just got to find it, i thinjk i may become a regular poster (now i'm back) as this is a better way of keeping my hands busy than eating whilst i feed the baby, can i still call him a baby now he is 1? hey i still class my 11yr old as my baby so hell yes!

Big Al

seeing as I started this i had better declare then. Jan 1st I was 134kg or 294.8 pounds or 21st 6 hmmm.

my target this year is 45 kg /99 pounds / 7st 1pound. Hmmmm.

This was prompted by a series of MRI scans for the nackerback and I saw a line of white on the screen... yup fat. Buddha only knows what my visserole fat is like !!

January 8th I was 131 kg so lost 3 kg / 6.6 pounds so well chuffed especialy as mrs ba only lost 2 pound.. go ALAN GO ALAN [ not that I'm competetive or anything, like]

I didn't throw away christmas foods as that would be a waste....... so I binged out in december :lol: :lol:

I now use a smaller plate and don't pile it up even with vegies. I read all the packets to keep the sugar content under 5%. I also look at the calories and try to keep them under 2000 a day for a man, 1700 for mrs ba.

it's an eye opener if you do. 5% is the max for a diabetic diet and if you look at "low fat" products you will find that they are indeed low fat but very high in sugar. Have a look at the labels and for the 100g line the sugar for me has to be under 5% or it doesn't go in the basket.

usual things like oily fish 3 times a week, 5 fruit and veg a day and all that.

I don't do exercise.. simples. the most exercise I get is getting out of and into bed.

I also watched a programme last week on the BBC called 10 things you need to know to lose weight and it was incredibly interesting.

Things like high protien breakfasts keep hunger pangs away longer, eat you food as a soup as it stays in the stomach longer, the plate size, fat burning after exercise etc.If you can get i player I'd recomend watching it as it was really good.

I'm supposed to be 11.5 to 12.5 stone but I recon I popped out weighing more than that! still if I can get down to ever 14 st then I'd be happier with my appearence and my wedding weight of 24 years ago......hmmmmm.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger