27 days till im 30!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

27 days till im 30!

Oh yeah!!! In 27 days ill be 30 and weirdly I'm quite excited by that prospect. My 20's were spent getting engaged, married, having 3 kids and working in between. I feel like turning 30 will be like a new start. Everyone keeps asking me what I'm doing for it, but you know what I'm not going out and I'm not having a party, I'm staying home with my lovely husband and kids and contemplating the coming growing season when our veg will start to grow and possibly will curl up in front of the fire and start a new knitting project since all the xmas ones will be complete......am I old before my time? Mmmm sometimes I wonder but I really hope not, inside I still feel like a silly 16 year old!!!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 27 days till im 30!

I'm nearly twice your age and the only real difference between us is that in the back of my head, I'm 18 rather than 16.

What's to wonder about? Life SHOULD be about doing what you feel to be right for you at a a time you think it's right to do it. There are immense joys in the simplest of things (and sometimes those same simple things will annoy you intensely). Nahhhh - nothing to do with age. It's just making a decision not to follow the crowd and fall prey to advertising agencies. More power to your elbow!!

Mike

EDIT: Oh - happy birthday for 27 days' time.
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

pelmetman
A selfsufficientish Regular

Mrs H Nearly 30 - not having a party :dontknow:

I'm 60 next year - PARTY PARTY PARTY

Sue :flower:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't take any notice of Sue - she's an unruly youthful influence!!!
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

You both make me feel so old - I'm 19!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: And happy birthday then. :hugish:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

pelmetman

Trouble is with youth they take life too serious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sue :flower:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

george
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Happy Birthday in 27 days. In 15 days I will turn 40. I am also not having a party but will be having dinner and drinks with friends.

I totally agree about feeling young, to be honest even though my circumstances are very different I don't feel any different to when I was about 21. I don't expect my 40s to change that either.

Millymollymandy

Hmmm I keep hearing about this 'new 60' especially for women! So maybe you're supposed to do the old lady stuff when you are 30 or 40 then turn into a rebel and have a wild time reliving your yoof when you're 60? :dontknow: :lol: Turning 30 didn't bother me but turning 40 was horrible! It's the decade when everything goes downhill. So turning 50 which I will next year I am almost looking forward to; you are freed from worrying about your wrinkles and saggy bits! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

:lol: :lol: i wish i was 30 :thumbright: but in my mind also i am 19 or is that 19 stone :shock: :lol: :lol: :oops: :flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

I don't think you're old before your time - I wish I had realised at your age what you so clearly understand, that is what really matters in life. It took me rather longer...
I hoped you have a fantastic day whatever you do.
Yvette

boboff

28 days untill I hit 40.

I didn't like 30, it depressed me a bit.

30's though in hindsight, the best, managed to stay married for the full 10 years, and had two wonderfull children. I feel like a grown up at last!

My resolutions for 40's are all about building on the grown up theme.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

spider8

I wish I was 30 again as I'd do things so differently to what I actually did - hindsight eh! Now I'm 49 and get a shock when I look in the mirror because how I think I look isn't anything like how I actually look :shock: . I do feel about 18 inside though and act accordingly (hubby doesn't complain!). Hope you have a lovely birthday :hugish: .
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.5
longitude: -1.9

My husband is a "leapling" so he is in fact, 7 and a half. When he is 40 we will celebrate his 10th birthday and he's looking forward to being 18 again when he's 72!!
Have a lovely birthday - age is nothing but a number and it's lovely to hear someone who sounds happy with their lot, so many people just complain all the time :icon_smile:

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

Mrs H wrote:......am I old before my time?
Why, because you are knitting? I think it just depends on if you feel you have missed out or not.

A friend of mine had a child when she was 18 and had been with her husband since she was 15. They split up when she was in her mid thirties and she then had a ball for a few years because she felt she had missed out when she was younger.

A bit of a sow the wild oats in her case but obviously not everyone is the same. If you feel content then no problems
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments. I am very content with what I've got, the only thing I would want to change is that we would own r house so the kids hav some security but apart from that I have learned to be content with what I have. We know were we want to be so just gotta get there. We havnt got much money but it doesn't seem to matter, we get by and just yesterday the kids made a cardboard xmas tree and we had a laugh doin it then after that the three of them set up there band in the kitchen with loaf tins and spoons!!! All free entertainment that brought memories with it. I can't wait to be 30!!! X