the wedding from hell.....

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
crowsashes
A selfsufficientish Regular

the wedding from hell.....

well its almost here , bridezillas wedding ( my sister) and today was spent running round like a nutter helping my mother out ( who has been used and abused by my sister throughout) get her outfit ready and the last bits for other people. including buying the bridesmaids dresses when its supposed to be the brides job :angryfire:

i STILL dont have mine ( i ordered it over a week ago) so i have no idea what to wear :scratch: lets hope it comes tomorrow morning.

bridezilla has also made EVERYBODY feel selfish and now all my family do not want to go. she barred another sister , the real reason is to keep my nasty gran happy ( and she is, if you saw her attitude to me while i sorted a very tired hungry toddler instead of chatting with her youd understand :angryfire: )

she full on taken the *&^% out of everyone, try icing 60 4inch wide cakes :angryfire: , specifying we all have to wear the same colour

and to top of everything else ive had an allergic reaction that has started to spread everywhere not to mention the killer migrane i have :( and the flu type feeling and total exhaustion.

i thought these things were enjoyable ? instead im verging on knife weilding maniac!

marshlander

Re: the wedding from hell.....

You'll have to practice meditation, counting to 10 before speaking and if all else fails, rise above :roll:

I thought it was supposed to be the mother in law who's the monster! As the saying goes, thank God we can choose our friends!

Matching dresses? go on clash! I dare you! :lol:

Or how about black? :lol:
Good luck!
Attachments
dressed in black.jpg
dressed in black.jpg (2.14 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life
Location: North Canterbury, NZ, somewhere between reality and heaven

Just say no! if she bars you well you problems are temporarily over and bar them from your children if they get snotty, a friend did that to hios mother in law when she tried to take over their lives, he said back off or you'll never see the grandchildren ever again, she backed off.

your sister will look back later and realise it was her fault that no-one was at her wedding
Our remote ancestors said to their mother Earth, "We are yours."
Modern humanity has said to Nature, "You are mine."
The Green Man has returned as the living face of the whole earth so that through his mouth we may say to the universe, "We are one."

Author Unknown

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Sorry you're going through this, ca. I have no idea how your sister behaves usually, but it seems to me that the pressure these days to have the "perfect day" could turn anyone into a monster.

As said above, your best way of dealing with it is to rise above it (at least you'll have the moral high ground), do as asked, keep it buttoned and be glad when it's over!
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

crowsashes

me and my mum ( and the rest of the siblings ) have a couple of bottles of fizz ready :drunken: but its not for the wedding its for when we get back home :mrgreen: just need to rant

ive NEVER had it this bad with friends and their weddings and i helped out loads with them

oh and i am wearing black :-) its all i have , as the outfit hasnt arrived.

oh well guess being my usual 'goth' self isnt going to hurt.

i was very tempted to get a 'with deepest sympathy' card but i resisted.

i thought all the hassle was over after the gift fiasco!

oh well :roll: :roll:

Millymollymandy

Oh dear. :pale: Well at least you can count down the hours until it's over now, rather than days or weeks or months like before.

What did you get as a gift in the end as I can't remember?

Have a hug cos I think you really need one! :hugish:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Russian Doll

what about a lovely white dress...garenteed to wind the nicest bride up lol

crowsashes

shes wearing blue :scratch:

oh and i havent brought a gift as it wouldnt be appreciated and bridezilla is only interested in monetary gifts.

oh and it looks like its going to rain. i call that KARMA shame she cant get those outdoor shots she wanted now. she had the cheek to tell me my photos arnt good enough for her wedding ( im a photographer, been doing it for years but only just started a course)
:angryfire:

yet she has got a 'friend' whos only been doing it a year to do the photos. but i think thats because i still use film and the friend uses digital

still taking my camera though mostly to get photos of the 'nice' people there and the little ones cos how often do they wear a suit ? :mrgreen:

oooh my outfit just arrived and guess what :mrgreen: im not wearing it, im opting for the lovely black jeans i brought ( not for the wedding) but they are smart and tbh i dont care ! have a top to im gonna wear actually maybe i should get the halloween outfit out, or maybe my corset? :wink: :lol:

well off i go to get dressed and make my way to my mums, ill bring a FAIL report in later as i have a feeling somethings going to go wrong, maybe the barred sister will gatecrash :roll:

Millymollymandy

Is it today? Not on Saturday? Oh well it'll soon be over then! Good luck and please take a photo of your sister for us to see, especially the one of her face when she sees what you are wearing. :mrgreen:

crowsashes

no its not on a Saturday so alot of people arnt even going ( work etc) its something to do with today being there 10 yr together anniversary or something like that, id much prefer to have it on a saturday makes so much sense and thats what saturdays are for!! :lol: its only one day out be hey ho thats my sisters daft plan.

and anyway im always up for 2 days of celebration rather than just the one :drunken:

im gutted i cant wear the top i brought for the wedding ( my allergic reaction is on full show with it) so im now going to have to dress a bit more casual to cover it up or ill be more self concious than she is and if there are any complaints its tough %^& as im not suffering more than i already have :angryfire:

oh well im off in a second. its not till three but ive got to take my mums outfit over, she ordered hers with mine and it FINALLY arrived today, 3 days late so shell be happy not to have to wear the only thing she could find yesterday :thumbright: and my other ( nice) sister is doing something to my hair :scratch:

ive sneakily stuck my trainers in my bag ( there blue so they fit with the theme) as i am NOT wearing my boots all evening. i prefer my comfort and to be honest my seeds and garden are much more worthy of my attention

i think the little one knows somethings up and im not happy as hes been so well behaved today or hes just saving it all up to let rip and cause havoc later :shock: :lol:

ill get some piccies too im shooting black and white film today so it will a few days before i can get them up ( cant get them developed till next week wed as ive ran out of developer)

i guarantee ill get one of 'the pout' its the look of complete and utter distaste and i think it will be a permanent fixture today.

:shock: omg! ive just read that back and i sound horrid oh well extreme circumstances really do test us dont they.

Millymollymandy

Your'e not horrid, your sister is! You are a nice and normal caring human being (OK except where your sister from hell is concerned!). :hugish:

I do think you should print off this thread and the gift thread and give it to her for her wedding present though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

suziq
Tom Good
Tom Good

i was bridesmaid for my sister from hell 20 years ago, she still calls me rotten for not being helpful enuf! she kicked off on the day about me having a bow on my dress.... :dontknow:
have as much fun as it's possible to do and lets see lovely b&w piccis of pouts lol

Keaniebean

I totally sympathise with you Crowsashes, my future sister-in law is being a total bridezilla, not content with one big day she is having three!!!!!!!!!

She wanted to get married in a registry office with only immediates there ie. mums and dads, she is then having a weeks do in France. When we told her that we could not afford to come and loads of others did the same (it's also the week before half term and SATS week for my eldest), they then decided to have another 'do' in June.

Shes told all the guests what they can and can't wear, she's told her mother, mother in law to be and father in law to be to loose weight, and she's been taking her brother to the gym with her every other night so he looses weight too.

We have a note in our invitation that states they will only accept money, no gifts the list goes on. What is it about weddings that gets people like this. I loved mine, we did it all in two months, while we were going on holdiay to Falmouth anyway and there was only 12 of us in total, there were no arguments although we had to change the date for the above mentioned :roll: :roll:
I hope you get it all done and dusted ASAP as you can then get on with your life, don't question yourself it is others that need to come back to the real world.
:hugish: :hugish:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

crowsashes

right its all done and dusted. and it was HELL :angryfire:

the ceremony was at 4pm but we all had to be there at 3 pm :banghead:
there was a horrific accident earlier in the day which left most of the city centre closed ( awful story :( ) so we had to leave much earlier to get there as we used the bus and had to walk the rest of the way.

because we had to leave earlier i hadnt the chance to give the little one something substantial to eat. so he was hungry and extremely tired ( nap time is 2-4 ) he went nuts in the ceremony ( we were asked to leave :oops: ) then as the service was much quicker than they thought we were 'stranded' as the reception began at about 6 pm :scratch:

get to the reception and well it was a nightmare. no one was there. so we were waiting around for half hour or so .

guests arrive its ok for about an hour then bridezilla rants the little one is eating all the wedding favours ( he was hungry ) and he only ate 3 then complains hes running around , hes a kid!!

oh and the granmother refused to acknowledge me, made a hell of alot of comment about my son being naughty etc. ( hes being monitored by gp as there are problems and she knows this)

the food was $%^& and i couldnt eat it as everything had either bread or pastry attached :shaking: oh then there was the chicken.... it should have had a biohazard sign.

there was so many 'issues' i just wanted to go.... and not many of my sisters friends turned up.....

oh well been and done i have photos but not one of bridezilla she was 'too busy' to let me take her picture. and the photographer gave me a funny look as my other sis asked for a portrait from me :mrgreen: that made up for the other crap i think there was a bit of camera envy lmao!! oh well my om-10 did the job well and the camera is as old as me!!!

anywhos i really need to sleep, stress really does knock u down doesn't it

citizentwiglet

Yay!!!!!!!!!! You're back! I've been thinking about you all day.

Well.....your son acted like the toddler that, erm, he actually IS. What were THEIR excuses? Look love, it's over now, you survived it. Sounds like the Gods conspired against Bridezilla, maybe if she'd been a bit more accommodating, things would have gone smoother for her. Her loss for being a cow, no loss to you. The more fussy and bossy she became, the less likely things were to fit her plans, you knew this.

You were there, you did the sister thing. Good on ya. Now get that booze open, take a big sigh of relief and thank the deities you don't have to go through it again. I'm shocked and saddened that you didn't knit her a lovely crinoline lady toilet roll holder, though. :flower: :flower:

Go on, get p%ssed! :cheers: :drunken: :cheers: :drunken: :cheers: :drunken: :cheers: :mrgreen:
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden