projects for 2010

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
brett53
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: projects for 2010

humm from some of the lists ( which make my lil aims look quite tame :lol: ) - it may be a case of who has the most still to do or how many "new" ones - as work always seems to generate MORE work ( well it does here - especially if it involves small plastering jobs which tun into large plastering jobs which turn into ..................... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: )

but yes - great idea lets keep this one running and report progress :thumbright:
the validity of ones ideas are best measured by the resistance they attract

and if enough people tell you are WRONG - do it ANYWAY !!

crowsashes
A selfsufficientish Regular

just got a whole more things to add to my to do list , i need to take down a kitchen wall, brick up a strange side entrance and turn it into a pantry.

start collecting jars from whoever will give them too me :mrgreen: again with screwtop glass bottles.

then theres the birthday presents to make ( big family so its never ending)

a kitchen to rip out and start again, water pipes that are more like a strange assortment of spaghetti rather than something efficient! oh and a ceiling that lloks like its about to fall down as the little one flooded the bathroom and the floor wasnt sealed

oh and theres the tiling.... im not even going to go on... :(

Flo

Are you lot going to be knitting money as you go along to get all your projects done? :mrgreen:

There's the bathroom, tiny connecting hall and bedroom to redecorate after the bath in the flat upstairs rioted a couple of times and, along with a maverick downpipe from the guttering along the building's roof, caused plastering damage. Landlord needs to sort out a growing damp stain in the kitchen too.

So the decorating will be left till the "backend" as it's a winter job and there's an allotment to run from now till then. This year the allotment really needs to pay for itself. So that I can pay for some decorating from the savings made on the food bill. D'ya think there's any chance of a decent growing summer?

liskeardjane
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I have one small veggie patch so far and ten large pots that I use and I want something a little more attractive - have ordered some scaffold plank and we will build a set of raised beds - THEN!!! move all the compost and manure and soil into them - we have scrap wood to build some greenhouseish frames to go over them and I also hope to build a green house and cover it with polythene to grow so red tomatoes not just the green ones i manage for chutney - that is a plan enough and I know if I plan more, I'll never get it done

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Flo wrote:D'ya think there's any chance of a decent growing summer?
The weather folk reckon you get a good summer after a hard winter.

Do you think this one's been hard enough?
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

Flo wrote:Are you lot going to be knitting money as you go along to get all your projects done? :mrgreen:
..//..
:lol: nod nod - with you there Flo
this house has been in process of updating for the 18 years we've been here, each one being done as we had funds saved, still haven't got a completed kitchen, for some reason it always gets put back :scratch: and now we've both been made redundant :roll:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Kezz
Tom Good
Tom Good

The main aim this year is to sort out my finances so I still have a home this time next year :banghead:

Otherwise, the dream goals are:
* sort garden out and create veg plots
* keep 3 chickens, build run etc
* decorate/finish decorating

Millymollymandy

Green Aura wrote:The weather folk reckon you get a good summer after a hard winter.
But the weather folk are always wrong! Weren't you supposed to be having a BBQ summer last year followed by a mild winter? :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Compared to the rest of the UK , we did :lol: :lol: (and it wasn't brilliant here!)
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

brett53
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

IMO we are in for a "run" of colder winters now - with the odd mild one interspersed , and summers will be the usual mixtures of rain and heat waves - with the possibility of another " 76"** thrown in somewhere along the line - well it cant be any more wrong a forecast than spending the millions to achieve what the the met office get away with :roll:

** for those of you too young to remember 1976 - it was one long HOT summer - like really hot - and really long - in fact we where all fed up with continuous sunny days - it broke one day with an incredible downpour and thunder ( well it did in teignmouth /dawlish ) - and i rode home on my motor bike in a warm downpour - it was GREAT !! :thumbright: - the roads where that hot they where steaming - quite surreal actually :scratch:
the validity of ones ideas are best measured by the resistance they attract

and if enough people tell you are WRONG - do it ANYWAY !!

Millymollymandy

Oh I remember 76 and having lessons outdoors and doing mock O-levels in the heat, and many water fights. :lol: I dunno but heat didn't seem to be such an issue when we were kids, it was our teachers who were flagging. :iconbiggrin: But summers in general seemed to be great when I was a teenager, we always seemed to be swimming or doing outdoor things, and winters were always cold, or maybe that's because I was always waiting for a bus and that's when you really notice it! :mrgreen:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/