I need to scream!!!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Elizabeth
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I need to scream!!!

:angryfire: - :angryfire: - :angryfire: - :angryfire: - :angryfire: - :angryfire: - :angryfire:

I joined this forum 'cause we were about to sell our cottage and buy a house with a small paddock, and although it needed loads of work I was really excited as it meant Me and hubby would be able to become more ish! with our own kitchen garden, chickens and sheep.

HOWEVER

It all fell through and we have just had to pay the soliciters fees - hundreds of pounds for nothing!!

I'm sooo cross that the lady wanting to buy our house has messed us around (and the lady we were buying from) so. It actually makes me feel sick. Especially as I'm continually looking at ways to save a few pounds here and a couple of pennies there.

Not sure if I even feel better for having shared!!!
:pain10: :mumum: :pain10:
Elizabeth

Remember! Turn off, when not in use

http://www.gardenersclick.com/

thecornflake
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: I need to scream!!!

It's so bad when that happens. Our house sale fell through a couple of years ago, but luckily we got another offer which was more anyway a couple of days later. So in the end it worked out okay.

We did online conveyancing, so no sale no fees which was great (you probably didn't want to know that).

Anyway, I know what it's like. And then the next time you spend every day worrying it's going to fall through again!

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

I'm really sorry to hear that Elizabeth. :hugish: :hugish: :hugish:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

I give you the advice my health visitor once gave me. If you feel you want to scream, just go ahead and do it. Made me feel a lot better.

House selling / buying must be the most stressful thing going. Ours was a nightmare up to and beyond the last minute (finding out at 5:30pm on the day before you're due to move house that your solicitor hasn't exchanged contracts with the person you're buying from and then having them inform you they're going home for the evening is not fun).

I really hope the lady you're buying from is able to keep it for you and that you're able to sell yours really soon. If necessary, and if you can get what you need for it, sell to a builder. You have no tedious searches and mortgages to worry about and they can often exchange in a week or two. Your agent should be able to put you in touch with one.

Good luck.
Lynne

red

how horrible for you :(
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

JulieSherris

Elizabeth - scream! It'll get the stress out, if nothing else.

When we were moving here, we had the removals firm ready, the ferry booked, we'd put the year's rent down on the house here in Ireland, the house was just about packed up.....
On the Friday afternoon, we were on our way back across Ireland to get the plane back to Blackpool & we were planning to move on the Monday... contracts still hadn't been exchanged & we'd hit rock bottom in the bank... we had under a euro & about £30... I had to find a way to the airport without hitting the toll booths on the motorway & we boarded the plane at 4pm - still no exchange...... Bearing in mind that we still had to pay the removals guy in cash, get our car from garage & pay them, oh, all sorts....
Landed at Blackpool at 5.30pm - headed for the cashpoint... I sat down on a chair while Andy put the card in - I was shaking by this point, if the deed hadn't been done, it was going to cost us a small fortune......... he withdrew 100 quid, checked the balance.... 66grand in the bank - Yay! Boy, I've never felt SO stressed as when I was on that plane... and I never want to do that again :mrgreen:

So whatever the story of moving, whatever way round it works out, yep, it's stressful alright!

Hugs for you though Elizabeth - I hope it all works out ok in the end :hugish:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Elizabeth
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

JulieSherris wrote:Elizabeth - scream! It'll get the stress out, if nothing else.

When we were moving here, we had the removals firm ready, the ferry booked, we'd put the year's rent down on the house here in Ireland, the house was just about packed up.....
On the Friday afternoon, we were on our way back across Ireland to get the plane back to Blackpool & we were planning to move on the Monday... contracts still hadn't been exchanged & we'd hit rock bottom in the bank... we had under a euro & about £30... I had to find a way to the airport without hitting the toll booths on the motorway & we boarded the plane at 4pm - still no exchange...... Bearing in mind that we still had to pay the removals guy in cash, get our car from garage & pay them, oh, all sorts....
Landed at Blackpool at 5.30pm - headed for the cashpoint... I sat down on a chair while Andy put the card in - I was shaking by this point, if the deed hadn't been done, it was going to cost us a small fortune......... he withdrew 100 quid, checked the balance.... 66grand in the bank - Yay! Boy, I've never felt SO stressed as when I was on that plane... and I never want to do that again :mrgreen:

So whatever the story of moving, whatever way round it works out, yep, it's stressful alright!

Hugs for you though Elizabeth - I hope it all works out ok in the end :hugish:
That make me feel even more sick! Glad it worked out for you in the end Julie.
Elizabeth

cathode
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

yeaurk, there's just no easy way to do it, is there?

But there's a field out there with your name on, definately

Maybe go and talk to the local elder trees, they love a good curse :pirate:
if we all work together we can totally disrupt the system

becks77

Oh thats really bad news sorry to hear it, scream away!
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Sorry to hear your news, I'm sure it'll sort itself out - the market does seem to be picking up a little.

Now you're here we hope you'll stay - we don't all have big gardens and live off grid - but a desire to be as Ish as we can in our given circumstances!
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Elizabeth
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Green Aura wrote:Sorry to hear your news, I'm sure it'll sort itself out - the market does seem to be picking up a little.

Now you're here we hope you'll stay - we don't all have big gardens and live off grid - but a desire to be as Ish as we can in our given circumstances!
Thanks GA!

I'm growing as much fruit and veg as I can in lots of containers in my court yard!
Attachments
Make Shift Greenhouse 2.jpg
Make Shift Greenhouse 2.jpg (36.8 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
Elizabeth

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Big hugs Elizabeth, :hugish:

Been there too, so I agree with several others..SCREAM!!! (preferably into the ear of the offender!)

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

invisiblepiper

That's rotten- I agree - go scream!
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep! I agree with the rest! :hugish:

And the container garden looks really good! :thumbright:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Graye

Go out there and scream, it won't solve much but you will feel a lot better. Beat a few cushions while you are at it!

The English system of not requiring a deposit from the buyer is really open to abuse. When I sold my house I tried to insist on a deposit when I had a bad feeling about the buyer. "Oh, we NEVER do that!" said the agent. And of course it DID go wrong, although quite early on when they discovered one of the buyers was trying to have two enormous mortgages on two different houses at the same time. Next time I again insisted on a deposit and stuck to my guns, I even told the agent I would find a new one if she wouldn't comply. Guess what? She asked the new buyer, he agreed and I got my 10% deposit. He was obviously genuine as the sale went through like a dream. On the other hand it might be harder to insist in the current climate - this was in 2003.
Growing old is much better then the alternative!