Tattoos

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
sleepyowl
A selfsufficientish Regular

Tattoos

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:31 am

On the thread of scars who is inked & what do you have?

I have a black unicorn on my shoulder (want to get something more tribal to cover it)
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

Masco&Bongo
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 53.930141
longitude: -2.969870

Re: Tattoos

Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:46 am

Small black outline of a swallow on my left shoulder blade

Would like more, but OH is very "not keen" on them at all. Instead, I content myself with designing flash for my little sister's ink :lol:
"Its not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Bruce Wayne

Blog: http://mistressofmeals.blogspot.com/

Loobyloo
Living the good life
Living the good life

Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:33 pm

I have a celtic stylised raven with red clouds accross my entire upperback, a small horned god symbol on the nape of my neck and the triple goddess at the base of my spine. Those ones are obviously all linked to paganism my other one is just for fun: A red and black garter all the way round my right thigh with a derringer pistol stuck in it!

am planning on having mexican sugar skulls inked on the top of my feet in the not oo distant future!! :mrgreen:

StripyPixieSocks

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:14 pm

I currently have three... on huge Wizard on my upper left arm, a smaller Sea Dragon type thing on my upper left arm and the Star Wars Imperial Logo on my right inner wrist.

I want more but cash is very short and my Tattooist lives 300 miles away now back where I used to live... not that that's a problem as he's always booked up almost a year in advance LOL!

I love Tattoos and I love the reason people get them... mine were all designed for me or altered heavily... the Dragon is by my ex, the Wizard is by Ian of Reading but some of it was modified as my asking of my Tattooist and the Imperial Logo isn't the usual solid black you see it's grey chrome.

The reason for having the logo )apart from the fact I adore Star Wars baddies) is the Motto which goes along with the whole dark side (and is actually written in an arcane language on a Sith Holocron)
IN UMBRIS POTESTAS EST which is Latin for "In Shadow (or darkness) strength is" which is what I found got me through alot of the depression I suffered in my darkest days I found the strength not to do what I was thinking about and carry on... means alot to me anyway :sunny:

weatherwax
Tom Good
Tom Good

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:36 pm

I have a tribal symbol on my back at the base of my neck
Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.
My New website www.dreadpirate.co.uk in it's temporary place, with link to new blog

rockchick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:18 pm

Have always wanted a tattoo and never had the guts, how old is too old to get one? now i'm in my 30's will it look like a midlife crisis~!

ps have always wanted a slowly unfurling fern leaf on my shoulder, don't know why is just such a strong symbol of lush verdant life

Thomzo

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:24 pm

None - and proud of it.

Zoe
Think globally, shop locally
Check out my blog at http://designedbyzoe.blogspot.com/
http://www.thomzo.co.uk

weatherwax
Tom Good
Tom Good

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:39 pm

[quote="rockchick"], how old is too old to get one? now i'm in my 30's will it look like a midlife crisis~!

I was 31 when I got mine, it was only then that I felt grown up enough that my Dad wouldn't shout at me for getting it done :lol: , I plan to have another one at 40
Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.
My New website www.dreadpirate.co.uk in it's temporary place, with link to new blog

tiggy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:59 pm

would quite like a small black cat tatoo somewhere but I've reached the wrinkly age and decided not to bother.

missie moo
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:14 pm

Thomzo wrote:None - and proud of it.

Zoe
+1
jane

StripyPixieSocks

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:37 pm

rockchick wrote:Have always wanted a tattoo and never had the guts, how old is too old to get one? now i'm in my 30's will it look like a midlife crisis~!

ps have always wanted a slowly unfurling fern leaf on my shoulder, don't know why is just such a strong symbol of lush verdant life
I had my first one at 28 my second at 29 and my third at 35 and am going to have more when I have some spare cash... you're never too old and certainly not at 30 :shock:

I know a lady who had her first one done on her 60th birthday because it was something she had always wanted and never done... she certainly didn't think she was too old!

Graye

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:11 pm

I haven't got any, mainly because I don't think I would like one on myself.

My daughter had one when she moved to the USA. It was in the form of a small bunch of purple daisies on her shoulder blade. I disgraced myself terribly at her wedding because of it. She wore a lowish cut dress and had her hair up. I glanced up at her back as they stood before the minister and could only see two little purple circles with yellow centres, each on a stem emerging from the top of her dress. They looked like a pair of eyes observing the crowd and I had a fit of the giggles!
Growing old is much better then the alternative!

invisiblepiper

Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:46 pm

[quote="rockchick"]now i'm in my 30's will it look like a midlife crisis~!

Nah - you're safe - a good ten years short of a midlife crisis!
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

eccentric_emma

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:25 pm

I have four tattoos - my left leg is tattooed from ankle to hip with a vine of tropical flowers, I have a tribally thing with a flower on my upper arm, a tribally swirly thing with stars on the top of my back and a shooting star on my wrist.

Would probably get more just I tend to find that my money goes on other stuff!
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

Penny Lane

Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:48 am

I have 6 tattoos (7 if you include the one that I had covered up!).

One is thumper on my left shoulder blade, I got it when I was 17 and looking for a suitable tattoo to hide it! Then there's three small stars on my right upper arm, a large star just under my right collarbone, a filligree elephant at the base of my spine, a J in two forms of combined calligraphy that I designed on my right wrist (hubby's initial) and finally, an intertwined silhouette of my dog and one of my cats on the top of my left arm with 17 pawprints 'walking' down to my elbow (a paw for each of our cats, have to get 2 more added!).

I'm waiting to have a henna style bracelet done on my wrist with my son's name hidden in the middle, and there's a few more that I'd like!

I love tattoos! My body rejects metal piercings so tattoos are my 'jewelrey'! It's so addictive.
"It's breaking the circle.
Going to work, to get money, to translate into things, which you use up, which means you go to work again, etc, etc.
The Norm.
What we should be doing is working at the job of life itself."
- Tom Good, The Good Life.