floating keyring made from winecorks and scrap

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
organicsi
Tom Good
Tom Good

floating keyring made from winecorks and scrap

While I was putting on the instructions for the wine cork jewellry remembered that I also made this floating keyring from wine corks and scrap.
All you need is a large split ring, some strong, fine twine, a couple of wooden or plastic beads and 8 wine corks which need to be the same size, a long blunt needle and the facilty to heat it up.
Instructions
Use the heated needle to make a hole through the centre of the length of the 8 corks. take 2 pieces of thread loop them through so that they are doubled and you have 4 pieces of thread. tie them all together with a single knot them thread on one bead. Now separate the strands and thread 2 corks onto each strand.Thread the four strands back onto another bead, tie them together in a single knot. To prevent fraying but only if you are using thread with nylon or polythene content, quckly met the thread below the bead.
Perhaps a good free pressie for a boaty? here are acouple of pics.[http://www.flickr.com/photos/52809554@N03/?saved=1]

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: floating keyring made from winecorks and scrap

That's a great idea - my OH works on boats and I think I'll make one of these for him. Well for his keys at least - I would need more than a couple of corks to keep him afloat.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

I love all these ideas. The jewellery is great and you couldn't lose that key ring.

Zoe

oldjerry

this lot are doing my head in,when cold callers come to my place,I loose the dogs on them.

oldjerry

Sorry ,i'm not referring to the above esteemed and revered forum members,but some spam thats now been removed.

growingthings
Living the good life
Living the good life

the keyring is great, but I especially like the earrings - so simple, but so pretty. x

Lorna x