Problems with AVG 8.0

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
MINESAPINT
Living the good life
Living the good life

Problems with AVG 8.0

I am on dial up and after several attempts I seem to have managed to download the AVG 8 update and it is in a file in my documents. However when I double click it to open it wth a view to loading it I get a message saying "this is not a valid WIN32 application".

Any ideas?

Thanks
MINESAPINT

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just a wild guess here - is it, by any chance a zip file (wotsitsname.zip) and you don't have any zip/unzip software on your machine?

mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I keep meaning to download it. is it any ogood? please nobody tell me to go get anything linux based as I'm not the only person to use the computer, and every bit of soft and hardware I own is windows based/configured.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't know about AVG, but I use Avast - it's free to download and it receives updates most days (and it's for Windows). Nothing's got past it yet.

marshlander

I'm on AVG, recently updated to 8. - No problem to download or use (touchwood! :lol:) Is it me but I found it difficult to find the free version - the links provded by AVG 7.5 take you to the pay version (of course - silly me!)

The new version vets the sites as you pass over them, not sure if I like thiis 'help' or not - it'd distracting
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

sounds like something that would confuse the hell out of my hubby. :?
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!