Webhosting recommendations

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Webhosting recommendations

Hi
I'm currently displaying some paintings etc at the Wylye Valley Art Trail http://www.wvat.co.uk and people keep asking if I have a website - which I don't.

I know a few of you guys have your own websites so I wondered if you could recommend your host? I don't really know what I want to do with the site yet, probably just a small portfolio and contact details to start with but I might expand later to sell. So I probably want something cheap and cheerful for now with the option to upgrade later.

Cheers
Zoe

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Webhosting recommendations

Have a look a Get British Businesses Online - it's free! My gal has a website with them but can't remember the address :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Brilliant, thanks. Just signed up and am already halfway to having my own website.

Zoe

LHemphillix
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 37 N
longitude: 121 W

Hey! Do you think a WordPress Blog would also suffice for the beginning to upload pictures and portray some of the work? I know WordPress is more of a Blog, but it does have a 'Gallery' plugin that should be really good. Has anyone tried that yet? Or are you all hosting a professional website? I had a look at the British Business Online as well and their offer isn't half as bad. I also checked out some US webhosting offers to see the difference and compare them.