Little things that really annoy you!

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Little things that really annoy you!

You said it was only on Hallowe'en that you were scary! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Green Aura wrote:You said it was only on Hallowe'en that you were scary! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I lied! :evil2: :evil2:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

Dog poo on the pavements in my area - my son has sensory integration problems which make him a bit random in his movements sometimes, and he ALWAYS steps in it!
The take-away leaflets are literally neverending here - I can clear the doormat several times a day and STILL they come.
Shops who put display baskets of goods in the aisles or at the end of the aisles so you can't get round, and bark your shins.
Cold calls - no I do not want double-glazing, replacement windows, salvation, to change my gas supplier, to hire a window cleaner, to sign my son up for the local karate club, a builder, a gardener, to give you £3 for your gas meter because you have just run out and you are cooking dinner for your kids and you have just moved into the area and don't know anyone (the number of times I've heard that one....)
People who spit - I know there are cultural differences around this one but I just can't get used to it.
Some of my husband's CDs - they may be small but boy, do they get on my nerves!

BUT I had a spotted woodpecker in my garden not 6 feet from the back door today, so at least there are some little things that make me smile too!

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

yvette wrote:Cold calls - no I do not want double-glazing, replacement windows, salvation, to change my gas supplier, to hire a window cleaner, to sign my son up for the local karate club, a builder, a gardener, to give you £3 for your gas meter because you have just run out and you are cooking dinner for your kids and you have just moved into the area and don't know anyone (the number of times I've heard that one....)
Blimey :shock: Where do you live yvette?
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

boboff

Wives who can't physically say sorry.

Wives leaving Talc on the Bathroom Carpet.

Children leaving the plug in and leaving the water in the Bath.

Spoons & T Bags left lying by the kettle.

Oh and no offence to Mims but hand made bossy signs really annoy me. My daughter who is 10 is in this phase at present with her keep out signs etc.

People who make appointments and don't turn up, or turn up late.

That whole thing with making the dish mountain in the sink, which means it takes 10 minutes to empty it before you can start washing up.

Bill Turnbull.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Millymollymandy

Minnesota wrote:It sure was fun reading all your rants...I can't think of any that I have ?
I am just totally happy today, things are going my way. :)
That's great, I too had difficulty trying to think of anything that really annoyed me too on the day that I posted. Be happy and make the most of it! :cheers: :flower:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

kit-e-kate
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Archanejil wrote:My personal bugbears for today:

People who, on their way to/from work decide (whether walking, driving or cycling) that they are *obviously* more important and in more of a hurry than anyone else and decide that risky/pushy behaviour that puts everyone else out/endangers folk is obviously the best course of action. I have a special four letter word for them that may well rhyme with blunt as I hate, hate, hate that one.
Kind of linked to this... People who drive on country roads really slowly but (and this is the point) DON"T PULL OVER AND LET PEOPLE PASS! Honestly, if they want to drive at 30 miles an hour on a road where others (probably more familiar with the road than them) want to go faster then that is totally fine! But if there aren't many safe places to overtake, as is often the case, then frustrated drivers (often work vans, i have to say) end up taking stupid risks or being pushy and that causes accidents. The A9 is a perfect example of this. :(

I think people who want to take driving holidays in scotland should be made to do a day's training first! :lol:

And don't even get me started on caravans! :iconbiggrin: :roll: :iconbiggrin:

clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

And don't even get me started on caravans! :iconbiggrin: :roll: :iconbiggrin:[/quote]
Couldn't agree more.
Add to this
Cats who poo on my vege
X Factor
Offers where you don't have to pay anything for 6months/year-If you can't afford it now. Save up and get it when you have the money.
Telesales ringing me. Even worse when it's a recorded one.
Ready meals
Gary Rhodes

pelmetman

Telesales who phone when we are just about to sit down for dinner, seeing as we are ex directory where do they get are number from.
The religious door knockers who descend on our village in their droves.
Litter.
Birds that poop on my washing.

Sue :flower:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

Rosendula

OH lighting the grill ages before he puts food under it so that it can 'warm up'. It's gas! Flame hot.

And OH turning the shower on and then getting a shave before he gets in so that the water can warm up. Our hot water is heated in a boiler and then stored in an immersion. It's already hot and takes about 30 seconds to push the cold water out of the pipes, that's about how long it takes to get undressed.

Thank you :wink:
Rosey xx

happyhippy

I had posted a fairly long list(Well I am menopausal :iconbiggrin: )but it has disappeared somewhere????Anyway I take a back lane to work,and its quite bendy.I really can't stand it when drivers approaching from the opposite direction either speed round the corner,then have to swerve to avoid hitting me or come around a corner in the middle of the bloody road! :banghead: I then have to swerve to avoid hitting them!!!!! One woman(we pass eachother each morning)speeds along coming towards me,NEVER gives way to me,and I then have to quickly change down gear and pull over to give way to her?????Thats manners for you!She does'nt even wave to say thankyou!!!! I also really dislike people driving in front of you,they then decide to turn left,why do some people virtually crawl around corners????Ok if its a tight corner and obscured by bushes or whatever,fine but most of the time it is'nt!Another thing that annoys me alot is,people at work who take sickies,I then have to work twice as hard to cover their butts,and then they slip up and say "Oh yeah last "day of week I was off sick"I went to my allotment for the afternoon????Would'nt we all want to be leisurely spending an afternoon planting some seeds than working?????????And then these people give me a dirty look when I am genuinely ill(only had 3 days off in 4 years)The Cheek of some people!!!!

boboff

Rosendula wrote: And OH turning the shower on and then getting a shave before he gets in so that the water can warm up. Our hot water is heated in a boiler and then stored in an immersion. It's already hot and takes about 30 seconds to push the cold water out of the pipes, that's about how long it takes to get undressed.

Thank you :wink:
Now I do this, but it's not to warm the water up, it's to warm the room up, granted our shower room is only the size of 2 shower trays, but it's lovely getting in a hot and steamy room with a freshly mowed face, and washing all the stress of grilling away.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

The Riff-Raff Element

boboff wrote: Oh and no offence to Mims but hand made bossy signs really annoy me. My daughter who is 10 is in this phase at present with her keep out signs etc.
My 11 year old is doing this too. English isn't really her first language, so some of the spelling is... original. The current sign on her door reads "LEAVE ME ALOWYN!"

Big Al

People who request things without looking at search engines etc.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

all politicians :banghead:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ