Poorly kids

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
Tree
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Poorly kids

Any of you lovely people have any natural cold remedies for my 3 year old? Have been giving calpol but that upsets her tummy and that makes matters worse! Also any ideas to boost her immune system naturally would b really helpful!! Thanks in advance x :iconbiggrin:

JuzaMum
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Poorly kids

Hi Tree
I use Olbas oil or Carvol on the side of the mattress at night for the little ones to help with their breathing. Echinacea drops are supposed to be good for boosting the immune system. Unfortunately getting colds is part of building up an immune system along with getting dirty, eating worms etc. Cuddles are excellent medicine with no known unpleasant side effects.
Hope little one is feeling better soon
JuzaMum
Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am allergic to paracetamol, it makes me really sick, so I use ibuprofen, if you need to use something for pain I think you can now get it in liquid form for children, also never give any pain killers on an empty stomach. I used to make a nice cough mixture for my daughter honey, elderberry, stick of cinammon, water and cook it up, strain and give a teaspoon for the cough, it used to work very well. Agree with echinacea for a boost if you are sickening for something, have used it often with good effect. Do you think your child is getting too many colds?

Tree
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

She does get ill a lot! She has just recovered from shingles and is only 3! X

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shingles? that is terrible, did she get chicken pox yet? I suffer with the herpes thing, I have to take antiviral drugs every day, I have no immunity to measles or chickenpox, I got very stressed a few years ago and it resulted in this shingles type thing, but it was in my spine. You could ask your doctor to get her tested for compromised immune system, that is what I may have to do soon

Tree
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

She had chicken pox when she was a baby! Before she was 1! She just gets everything x

Weemary
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi Tree, If your child is always getting ill especially with respiratory illness have you considered that she might have an allergy? My boys where always getting ill especially in winter and seemed to get every bug that that was going around whatever the time of year, eventually we had our eldest allergy tested when he was 4 and found out he was allergic to quite a few things , our next son is still only 3 and will be allergy tested at 4 as he presents with the same symptoms. I know how exhausting it is coping with a child who seems to be ill every other week I hope your wee one is feeling better soon.