Gifting

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
Mandyz
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Gifting

I just came across this fab article about birthday gifting
http://organically.blogspot.com/2006/06 ... ceive.html
and thought I would share.

Tensing
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Interesting idea. Not sure if it would work where I live, as children's parties tend to be just an excuse for the parents to get togethr and drink!

Not what my children are used too.

For Christmas last year I decided that I would only get the children a small present and the rest we would use to but an cow or something similier for a third world country. After much research and catalogue reading, they (my children aged 14, 12, 9 and 6) decided they wanted to sponsor a child. So they have, they have now a sponsored a six year old in Ecqudor, they all exchange letters often and it gives them an insight into life on another continant.
Caroline

Newly updated Blog

http://goodlifeallotment.blogspot.com

LSP
Tom Good
Tom Good

I was pleasantly surprised to find my blog entry noted here.

To update: one family decided to give less in their party bags with savings made given instead to a child's education in the developing world.

Another family used the same idea and raised quite a bit of money for AlleryUK. We now have some happy children, happy parents and charities that benefit.

Other parents are thinking of doing the same when they next have an opportunity to do so.

As for us: we're thinking of scrapping parties altogether. :cheers:
the hanky lady at Organic-Ally and OrganicAlly.Blogspot

2steps
A selfsufficientish Regular

I think its a brilliant idea :mrgreen:

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I don't believe in big parties or big presents but I also don't believe in taking away the child's right to a celebration. For us sophie's birthday will always be a huge time to celebrate not only her coming into the world, but also my survival. I do, however, include sophie in givinjg money to charity. at this age it consists of her paying for things in charity shops or putting money in a collection tin, but as she growns older we'll look into other things.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!