Ammonia

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
circlecross
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Ammonia

apparantly the fact that the gums are softening to allow teeth through create enzymes which aggravate the gut/bum. We thought we were mad when ds1 teethed and there was sore bots and the health professionals said, "there's no proven link" but this time with ds2 a doctor said "well it makes sense doesn't it?" matter of factly. I almost snogged the face off him for saying it. So we are not all mad. Well we are of course, but not in this instance.
"yum, yum, piggy's bum!"

http://www.myspace.com/circlecross_73

KellyB
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Took her nappy off today and we had a puddle on the floor took me a couple of mins to realise as I was making a cuppa by then it had made her legs red too. This stuff is nasty think I might try using it to remove the burnt on stuff I have on my roasting pan :shock: She's gone to bed with a coating of Sudocreme yea I hate putting it on her but it does work just 1 night for that and then onto the bee balm she's in a eco disposable too so fingers crossed for the morning

circlecross

listen, we're not ogres here. I'm sure you could tell us you used H*ggi*s or P*mp*rs and own brand cream and no-one would care, as long as your little one is well. Sounds agony! I get a bit annoyed with mummy mafias, (no pushchair brigade giving me dispairing looks - I do have a four year old as well as an 18 monther, and my back is only so wide!) but here we all have our problems and our solutions, so don't feel guilty about a slather of sudocrem. Heck, I have even been known to stuff calpol down the throats of my two!!!!
"yum, yum, piggy's bum!"

http://www.myspace.com/circlecross_73

KellyB
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Oh I don't have anyone else beating me up I know you lots wouldn't :wink: I do it perfectly well myself ha ha

Anyway the botty is much better this morning it's by no means healed but it's not angry anymore :cheers:

Vammadopper
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

KellyB wrote: Anyway the botty is much better this morning it's by no means healed but it's not angry anymore :cheers:

Just slightly miffed :wink: ( sorry couldn't resist.....)

Best advice I ever got was from my fab GP

' Your his mum, you know him best, you do what you think is right and stuff what any one else or the health vistor says..... Um but please dont tell her that 'cos she'll kill me !!!!'

Glad to hear things are on the mend .
Why be Normal?

KellyB
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Talking of Dr statements get this one.... I am no longer with this Dr btw

I had had many private tests done for my thyroid adrenals etc etc and took them to my ex Dr

Her "this is a load of rubbish I do not understand it at all"

Me "well are you going to treat me with the medication suggested"

Her "Your health has nothing to do with you it is not your responsibility it is mine because I am your Dr"

You don't wanna know what I said it is far too long but I remained calm :wink:

My Dr now is fab he knows that I know what my body is up to he keeps check on what I do but doesn't interfere when not needed. He is the same with Saffie he always asks what do you think you go in there and have a conversation it's never 1 sided

Vammadopper

I know exactly what I'd have called her :wink:

We have been very lucky with our Gp's, though it took a couple of years to build trust both ways. I was really reluctant to move as we's gotten such a good Practise near us I had endometrosis which flared up again about 3 years after the boys were born, GP wasn't convinced but knew I knew me, and my symptoms so got me for a scan, which showed a cyst the size of an egg she'd 'missed'.
She was mortified, but I was really pleased and pointed out that it didn't really matter cos she'd listened to me, and gone against her 'medical opinion' and that was worth more to me than if she'd found it initially. there is logic in there honest :wink:

Though our 'new' ones seem good luckily, last time I took one of the boys we saw a locum, who um, lets just say was 'well off the mark' and she didn't like being questioned about her diagnosed by a mere 'mum' ...

I imediatly requested to see another Dr and the fab receptionist 'fitted us in' after a 50 min wait, saw my GP, I apologised for the hassle, explained situation, Dr took one look at son and told him to listen to his mum in future as she knew what she was talking about :lol:
oh, and he had 'words' with the locum :wink:

DS2 is Autistic but rarely ill, so I find it amusing that the GP has had to be consulted about him and reckonmend 'stuff' when he hasn't really met him, ( never seems to be a problem though)

If you kind a good Dr keep 'em!!!!
Why be Normal?

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

if she really can't stick the terries, please don't beat yourself up about having to use disposables.
My soph always got really chronic thrush (both ends) when she was teething. still does if she's run down or eats raspberries.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

MrsD'ville mkII
Living the good life
Living the good life

Ouch ouch ouch, I've been crossing my legs reading this! Hope that wee bum is happier tomorrow.

We used egg white with Polly, it really helped, but then I don't recall her teething being quite so vicious wee-wise. Have you tried sitting her in a bath with bicarb in it? I've used it to soothe sore skin and chickenpox and it's very calming, might just help to cool things off? More frequent nappy changes were mentioned too - have you tried that? I know it ups the washing but it might help her a wee bit?

Anyway hope she's more comfortable now.

xx
Raising four from 1 to 17 in ruralmost Herefordshire: http://39again.wordpress.opensure.net/

KellyB
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Yea I've been checking her nappy every time she comes near me and changing it if it feels slightly damp poor thing runs away now lol We're now sticking with disposables day & night until it's cleared. The 2 blisters it started with burst then became sores which then became one big sore she has red areas elsewhere too but the broken sores are the ones I don't like. She doesn't seem to be bothered even when I wipe/dab her bottom dry I use flannels soaked in plain water and microwaved to stop any bacteria and just hold it on her bottom she seems to like that. I've been drying her bottom too before putting the nappy back it IS getting better but slowly, it really isn't as red as it was or puffy. I never thought of bicarb I must try that tomorrow....we now have another tooth I think this is going to go on for quite a while she's 15 months and only has 5 teeth she started teething at 11 months roughly a tooth a month poor baby

mrsflibble

my brother had really nasty teethingwee just like you describe... my mum used to use coal tar cream from the pharmacist. it's normally for psoriasis but the doctor said coal tar really helps because it does something to the ammonia as well as fixing the blisters.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very

KellyB
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

ooo thanks for that Mrs F I will look into it

KellyB
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

mmm dunno if I want to use it look

How does it work?

Coal tar paste contains coal tar as the active ingredient.

Coal tar has been used in skin conditions for hundreds of years, but it is still not fully understood how it works, mainly because it is made up of so many different compounds.

Coal tar has mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects, and relieves itching. It is also absorbed into the skin cells and is thought to inhibit DNA replication in these cells. This slows down cell division and stops the cells from multiplying excessively. In turn, this reduces the thickening and scaling of the skin and clears up psoriasis plaques.

Coal tar may also work by breaking down keratin, a protein that forms part of the skin structure. This helps the skin cells shed from the treated area, thus reducing the thickening and scaling of the psoriasis plaques.

The paste should be applied to the affected areas of skin once or twice daily, or as directed by your doctor.

What is it used for?

* Psoriasis

* Chronic atopic eczema.

Warning!

* This medicine is for external use on the skin only.

* Avoid getting the paste in contact with the eyes, mouth, inside of the nose, and genital or rectal areas. Rinse with cold water if accidental contact occurs.

* Do not apply the paste to broken, inflamed or infected areas of skin.

* Wash your hands after applying this medicine to avoid accidentally transfering it to other areas.

* If skin irritation or acne-like eruptions occur, stop using this paste and consult your doctor.

* This paste may stain skin, hair or fabric.

* Coal tar increases the sensitivity of the skin to sunlight. You should avoid exposing the skin to direct sunlight after applying this medicine.

mrsflibble

is that the right one? there's really strong ones and ones made especially for the botty area.

weatherwax
Tom Good
Tom Good

I know this was a few days ago and I really hope the problem is better, but when mine were babies, calendula really helped on bots and also a mild infusion of chamomile plenty of water with maybe a little pearl barley boiled up always helped in calming down extra strong wee. You probably know all this already :)
Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.
My New website www.dreadpirate.co.uk in it's temporary place, with link to new blog