...drinking yoghurt

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

...drinking yoghurt

I accidentally bought 3l of drinking yoghurt yesterday.
It's UHT drinking yoghurt and all the milk here is UHT as well, so i can't use it to seed more :(

But...I really don't like drinking yoghurt. It's more like a fermented milk type taste than a creamy yoghurt taste.

I've used 2/3l to make muffins, but now have no more space in my freezer to keep more muffins.

So: 101 uses for drinking yoghurt please!

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ...drinking yoghurt

3. Makes excellent soda bread as a substitute for buttermilk.
4. Get a pig, I'm sure it would love drinking it like any other milk product (potential sweet & sour pork ?)
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Re: ...drinking yoghurt

Yogurt Ice Cream:

2 eggs, 2 cups yogurt, 1 cup milk, 1/4 cup sugar, few drops vanilla extract or a vanilla pod.

Whisk the eggs till light and pale, add sugar and whisk in. Mix the yogurt, milk and vanilla together then gently whisk into the eggs. Put in an ice cream maker till its ready then put in a tub in the freezer. If you don't have an ice cream maker you can just put it in a tub in the freezer and give it a mix every few hours till its ready. You can add whatever you like before you put it in the freezer. I use a bashed up bar of chocolate, mint areo is nice. :iconbiggrin:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'