No Mc"Garbage" on vacation!!

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
Mustardseedmama
Living the good life
Living the good life

No Mc"Garbage" on vacation!!

Hi all---just got back from a trip to the local Amish store for some yummies to put on sandwiches for our little upcoming Thanksgiving trip. Got deli meat for hubby and also some Muenster and Green Onion American (I know--not "true" cheese, but it certainly is good on a veggie hoagie!!) for DD and I. Also picked up a peck of Fuji apples, some crackers, grapes, and stuff to make thin-mint cookies.

So now I'll make some really good sandwich rolls, wash up the fruit, and pack all the extra goodies needed for really good sandwiches (mustard, mayo, dressing, pickles, sliced red onions, lettuce, pepperoncini, and maybe a sliced tomato if I can find one that doesn't smell like cardboard) into little containers and we will eat very well on the road. Got the roadside parks all mapped out already, and the weather looks fine---really going to enjoy this!

I wont be around for a few days after tomorrow---folks are coming to take care of the farm (love my folks!) So I hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving! By the way---when do you all celebrate (if you are a celebrator that is) Thanksgiving?
What if you're wrong? What if there's more? What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for?
Nichole Nordeman----Brave

oldjerry
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: No Mc"Garbage" on vacation!!

Have an excellent trip,and a safe journey.

When do I celebrate?...most mornings when I realise I've woken up.

boboff

Have a great time.

In the UK we celebrate thanks giving on December 25th.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

oldjerry wrote:Have an excellent trip,and a safe journey.

When do I celebrate?...most mornings when I realise I've woken up.

Me, just before I go to bed, just in case I don't wake up in the morning
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.